Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Marco23

Do you occasionaly exfoliate and how?

Is it important or safe to exfoliate, if so do you use a scrub? I haven't for 2 months now, and am wondering if I should add anything into my CSR. From what I understand getting rid of those dead cells is a good idea, and while patting dry that doesn't do it, but is a scrub used for this, I thought this may have been more damaging?

I don't like scrubs, they actually cause acne for me.

I prefer to use a lotion that has some glycolic acid or lactic acid in it.

You asked if it was important or safe. Well, if your skin is doing well without it, then there is no need to add something in like this. However, if you are chronically flaky, or your skintone isn't good, you can add in something with AHA and it will help exfoliate the skin.

You asked if it was important or safe. Well, if your skin is doing well without it, then there is no need to add something in like this. However, if you are chronically flaky, or your skintone isn't good, you can add in something with AHA and it will help exfoliate the skin.

I don't think my skin is too uneven although some spots are a little more red, example cheeks where it gets a little drier. Is this was is considered uneven skin tone, if so is this where a toner can come in?

I have a proactiv toner left which has glycolic acide, would this be any good?

I think Brandy made the best suggestion in getting your AHA from a moisturizer, not from a toner. That way, it would be far less drying and irritating.

Cam >B)

I don't think my skin is too uneven although some spots are a little more red, example cheeks where it gets a little drier. Is this was is considered uneven skin tone, if so is this where a toner can come in?

I have a proactiv toner left which has glycolic acide, would this be any good?

I just added St. Ive's Apricot Scrub to my regimen...

I like it because it's not too harsh, but I don't know what kind of skin you have.

Mine tends to be oily in my T-Zone and drier on my cheeks and upper lip.

The whole regimen balances this out and I found while I do have some flakiness,

it's not too bad and can be taken care of by a gentle scrub.

I only use it twice a week though. :redface: Otherwise I get very sensitive and red.

Ps. I've asked this question before, has anyone noticed their face becoming "tan" looking with the regimen?

I just added St. Ive's Apricot Scrub to my regimen...

I like it because it's not too harsh, but I don't know what kind of skin you have.

Mine tends to be oily in my T-Zone and drier on my cheeks and upper lip.

The whole regimen balances this out and I found while I do have some flakiness,

it's not too bad and can be taken care of by a gentle scrub.

I only use it twice a week though. :redface: Otherwise I get very sensitive and red.

Ps. I've asked this question before, has anyone noticed their face becoming "tan" looking with the regimen?

Yes it does give you that tint I find.

I use the St. Ive's Apricot Scrub for sensitive skin, I think- whichever is the most gentle. It's got little beads and I rub it in gently around my nose area every week or so when I feel like I need to exfoliate. I don't put it all over my whole face because I don't need it all over.