Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
scarred4lyfe

Oh god!

All that bullsh*t...my parents told me about when I was younger about how when I hit a certain age...or even better..(thanks mom) when you start having sex...how you would'nt break out anymore....ooooh such bullsh*t. let me tell you...you name a acne med and I've been on it.. I even tried accutane...I must admit I dont break out the way I use too...but on the other hand...I do have a nice fat bump laying right on my jaw line as we speak... :doubt:

So when will I stop getting acne..probably never....so where's does that leave my confidence for the rest of my life...down the sh*t hole :cry:

this is getting scary...this is a time in my life where I'm trying to build a future for myself.....this where I need the most confidence and the most inner strength..and I dont have it...thanks..to acne ya bastard!

Since I'm becoming more of an adult now..or atleast that's what they tell me..how do ya'll deal wit acne as an adult?..because when I was younger I could use the.."I'm going through puberty" excuse but now their's nothing to say......help me out ladies and gentlemen!!!

Same here, tried accutane and still breaking out mildy. Acne will always be with me :( ... and im turning 21 in 2 days !!!!!!!!

Your post caught my attention! I'm 22 and I've had back acne since I was 12. I get some spots on my face now and again, but not as bad as a few years ago.

I heard the same stories of - 'you'll grow out of it' and all that! Or 'stop eating chocolate and sweets' and if it was as simple as not eating chocolate, dont you think I would have made that scarifice many years ago, just to have clear skin?!

Anywho, I'm having the sinking feeling that I won't be growing out of it anytime soon. I've tried all the lotions and potions, and antibiotics. I never tried accutane although I was tempted!

Then sometimes I think that I should be thankful that I dont have it as bad as others. But other times I think why should I have it at all.

I used to like going swimming but I don't anymore. I'd be lying if I said that I wasn't self conscious in the pool.

The really funny thing is, is that I cant see the whole of my back in the mirror (as its kinda difficult looking over your shoulder!) so I can't actually see all the acne at once. So its probably worse to look at than I think!

Guest max_powers585

...or even better..(thanks mom) when you start having sex...how you would'nt break out anymore....ooooh such bullsh*t.

JAJA yea i can tell you for a fact that it is BS......just keep strong and try and not let acne affect you no one is perfect

Tell me about it I am going to be 20 in March and it is only getting worse. I HATE IT!

Not only did it play a big part in making my teen years hell but now my 20's :wall:

I don't want to spend these years missing out on things because of my skin :angry:

All that bullsh*t...my parents told me about when I was younger about how when I hit a certain age...or even better..(thanks mom) when you start having sex...how you would'nt break out anymore....ooooh such bullsh*t. let me tell you...you name a acne med and I've been on it.. I even tried accutane...I must admit I dont break out the way I use too...but on the other hand...I do have a nice fat bump laying right on my jaw line as we speak... :doubt:

So when will I stop getting acne..probably never....so where's does that leave my confidence for the rest of my life...down the sh*t hole :cry:

this is getting scary...this is a time in my life where I'm trying to build a future for myself.....this where I need the most confidence and the most inner strength..and I dont have it...thanks..to acne ya bastard!

Since I'm becoming more of an adult now..or atleast that's what they tell me..how do ya'll deal wit acne as an adult?..because when I was younger I could use the.."I'm going through puberty" excuse but now their's nothing to say......help me out ladies and gentlemen!!!

Your post caught my attention! I'm 22 and I've had back acne since I was 12. I get some spots on my face now and again, but not as bad as a few years ago.

I heard the same stories of - 'you'll grow out of it' and all that! Or 'stop eating chocolate and sweets' and if it was as simple as not eating chocolate, dont you think I would have made that scarifice many years ago, just to have clear skin?!

Anywho, I'm having the sinking feeling that I won't be growing out of it anytime soon. I've tried all the lotions and potions, and antibiotics. I never tried accutane although I was tempted!

Then sometimes I think that I should be thankful that I dont have it as bad as others. But other times I think why should I have it at all.

I used to like going swimming but I don't anymore. I'd be lying if I said that I wasn't self conscious in the pool.

The really funny thing is, is that I cant see the whole of my back in the mirror (as its kinda difficult looking over your shoulder!) so I can't actually see all the acne at once. So its probably worse to look at than I think!

SWIMMING IN POOL...NEVER...I stay wearing makeup, god...I fantasized about being able to go out without wearing makeup like a guy fantasized about being with a hot naked chick!!! :lol: Something so many people take for granted...having clear skin...only getting a pimple once in a while....I dream about just waking up one day and looking at my face without...the horrible discoloration and ice pick scars left from my cystic acne.....I swear so many people had my hopes up when I was younger but now I'm face wit the harsh reality that no matter what I do....THIS IS SOMETHING I WONT GROW OUT OF....and that's depressing :doubt: