Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Matt007

I am a Coca-Cola Addict

I drink coke EVERYDAY.....at least 5 glasses a day.Now ive been on Tane for just over 2 months and since starting have barely ever stopped my addiction to this amazing drink :ninja:

Here is my question - is it possible for the coke to be slowing Tane job? Also i eat alot of sweets if i want.My face overall is pretty good,with maybe a new pastule everyday max.

Ive also been reading that Vitamin A is not good??? I just checked and all my cereals are PACKED with Vitamin A :wacko:

WHY doesnt it warn you on the booklet aswell??? Im mad at them for not warning us.What if i never found the org...? :shifty:

Im confused about the whole dietary thing.I mean are we meant to STARVE to get clear skin :(

lol? Im sure one of the main warnings was NOT to take Vitamin A on mine.

I'm not sure about the effect of 5 cokes a day on your accutane progress, but i would start saying goodbye to my teeth and hello to atheroma at the rate you're drinking it :/

have barely ever stopped my addiction to this amazing drink

Haha, this sentence definitely made me chuckle.

I agree with the poster before me, I think even if you weren't on accutane, 5 glasses of coke is really bad for you.

I used to drink a lot of soda too, but I have been doing REALLY well with cutting it out of my diet. Now if I go to In N Out or something of course I'm going to have a coke with a delicious burger, but for the most part I either get iced tea or water.

It's all in your head, and it's all about discipline and sacrifice. I know a lot of people say that your diet doesn't have anything to do with acne, but I believe everyone is different, and maybe drinking something with sooooo much sugar is just NOT GOING TO HELP.

If you really can't give it up, at least cut it down to like 1 can a day or something.

I agree with the poster before me, I think even if you weren't on accutane, 5 glasses of coke is really bad for you....

What do you mean "really bad for you"? I can't imagine anything that 5 glasses of coke would do that's "really bad". It's more than I would drink, but it's not an extreme amount of either sugar or caffeine for a full grown adult. I don't disagree with you that it wouln't hurt to cut back a little. It might not actually be "good for you" like an apple and a glass of water would be, but "really bad"? That's hyperbole.

I don't think any of us actually know if it's bad for him to drink a lot of coke while taking accutane.

PS: to OP: Ii haven't come across anything in the accutane literature that contraindicates use of caffeine or sugar (or if it's diet coke, aspartame or whatever artifical sweetner they use). There are very few warnings - the only two that come to mind are vitamin A and "cycline" antibiotics.

I've studied the drug quite a bit, but note that I'm not an expert. So.... I suggest you ask your doctor or pharmacist. Or you can look for legitimate information on good medical or pharmacy websites, not community forums such as this. This is a technical question that the posters here probably really don't know anything about, except for personal opinions and philosophies on general dietary matters. What you need is specific information on real interactions with this med.

This site is excellent for relating personal experiences and such, but most are not technical experts, which is what you need for a question like this.

Drinking Coke won't hurt your accutane progress, but it's bad for you anyway. also the Vit A from cereal won't hurt, just don't take any supplements with Vit A.

What do you mean "really bad for you"? I can't imagine anything that 5 glasses of coke would do that's "really bad".

Are you kidding me? Why don't you read some articles about how bad it is.

Consuming more than 250mg of caffeine per day is related to serious cardiovascular disruption potential. You're probably getting about 65 mg caffeine/can so yeah that's not good...for general health.

Well ive been going at it like this for a solid year.All my health checks are 100%. I have no problems with my body.Im still active at least.MY TEETH are a different story though.I had a problem with tooth decay at the beginning of the year and had holes filled.I guess il lay off and say have 2 glasses a day.

I just have to ask....HOW CAN EVERYONE hear just drink water and water water and water and water and water.TASTE the brilliance of coke :P !

and FU%^ING HELL!!! i just saw the Vitamin A warning :( It says ' avoid taking supplements that contain greater than 2500 IU of Vitamin A' !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My cereal has 330 IU....??? Is this fine...

Ive been going and eating cereals like this for 2 months now...have i screwed up :( I feel angry now. please more advice

I just have to ask....HOW CAN EVERYONE hear just drink water and water water and water and water and water.TASTE the brilliance of coke :P !

i drink mostly just water, unfortunately i also drink coffee though, but not too much, about 1 cup a day, i used to drink more. i don't even like coke.

if you drink coke, you should use a straw. it's better for your teeth that way.

.. like i said before, your cereal is fine, just avoid supplements that have Vit A

I drink a lot of fruit juices, tea, water and coke once in a while. I stopped drinking soda and then when I had it again I realized it really doesn't taste as good as I thought..

Thanks Jordan....alot!

When you say supplements you meaning what exactly,,,?

Im so glad i hate coffee,imagine coffee and coke...what a combination :P

Thanks Jordan....alot!

When you say supplements you meaning what exactly,,,?

Im so glad i hate coffee,imagine coffee and coke...what a combination :P

By supplements i mean vitamins, like pills. don't take any multivitamins.

I'm not sure about the effect of 5 cokes a day on your accutane progress, but i would start saying goodbye to my teeth

So true about the teeth. My husband is a reformed Coca-cola addict, he was drinking a similar amount to this poster. Over the space of a few years his teeth deteriorated so badly that he had to have root canals and crowns over all front teeth. This was a very expensive reconstruction. Be careful with the soda intake.

Yeah it will wreck havoc on your teeth. I used to drink a lot of soda but i rarely drink as much now. I buy bottled water as incentive to drink it otherwise it is a waste of money.

6 bottles for £1.49 the other day and its the purest have ever tasted ~:D

What do you mean "really bad for you"? I can't imagine anything that 5 glasses of coke would do that's "really bad".

Seriously, I have no idea what you mean by "really bad". Please point me to a legitimate scientifically based article that supports the idea that it is "really bad". I have no obligation to search for this because I did not make the claim. Thanks.

Seriously, I have no idea what you mean by "really bad". Please point me to a legitimate scientifically based article that supports the idea that it is "really bad". I have no obligation to search for this because I did not make the claim. Thanks.

Is Drinking Soda Bad for Me?

There are certainly healthier choices. But what exactly is so unhealthy about soft drinks?

The phosphates that are responsible for the carbonation in soft drinks actually pull calcium out of the bones, increasing the risk of osteoporosis.

Most soft drinks have artificial food colorings and artificial flavors. Not only are these unnatural, but studies are now pointing to a possible correlation between artificial food colorings and Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) in children.

Sugar, sugar and more sugar. The average 12 ounce can contains a whopping 7 teaspoons of sugar! Multiply that by how much some people actually drink in a day…

Caffeine is an addictive stimulant in many sodas. Hyperactivity, difficulty concentrating and sleeplessness may be related to caffeine intake.

Obesity rates have risen in tandem with soda consumption.

Tooth decay is correlated with soft drink intake. When drinking soda, the teeth are bathed in sugar water, which promotes cavities.

Artificial sweeteners used in diet sodas should be regarded with caution. Several studies correlate artificial sweeteners with increased incidence of various cancers and Alzheimer’s disease.

Speaking of Alzheimer’s disease, aluminum from soda cans may be able to leech into the soft drinks. Aluminum toxicity is now being linked to Alzheimer’s disease.

The carbonation in soda neutralizes stomach acids, impairing the breakdown and absorption of essential nutrients. Avoid drinking soda with meals.

http://www.alternativesinhealth.com/healthtips.asp#7

That is just one of the sites of many more that talk about how "bad" soda really is.

Sorry that I used the words "really bad," and that it didn't sound scientific enough. I'm really not trying to be a smartass here because I didn't mean any harm, you didn't mean any harm, and we are just trying to help.

Sorry that I used the words "really bad," and that it didn't sound scientific enough. I'm really not trying to be a smartass here because I didn't mean any harm, you didn't mean any harm, and we are just trying to help.

Sorry back atcha. I am a little grumpy today and really picking nits. MEA CULPA! Let's go on, thanks for your forebearance.

You're joking, right? pop is bad for you because it contains essentially NO vitamins or minerals that are essential to the body. THe only thing it does contain are simple sugars which are worthless to the body other than causing elevated blood sugar levels. Lets not forget that drinking it also dehydrates you because it takes more water to digest the coke than it even has in it! There are absolutely no health benefits associated with cabonated drinks, such as any 'soda.' One can of soda are two servings! couple that with five of them a day, and that is actually TEN servings of coke. Each serving is upwards of 250 calories. 250 x 10 = 2,500 calories! The average daily intake for an adult male is ONLY 2,000 calories a day.

Ok cool thanks...

Congratulate me...all i had was 2 shots of coke today!!!! I scrubbed my teeth for 10 mins last night... :lol:

Sorry back atcha. I am a little grumpy today and really picking nits. MEA CULPA! Let's go on, thanks for your forebearance

It's okay, we all have our days... (hugs) :angel: