Posted

is this the same for anyone else? :(

oh yes and also after exercise :lol:

Posted

omg same here!!!

Posted

most def.

Posted

yeah mine always look worse after a shower. thats why i never shower in the mornings and only at night.

Posted

YES.

After workout, and after shower...redmarks are redder due to blood circulation, I believe!

Posted

best skin is when u woke up morning...ha

Posted

yeah.. when i hope out of the shower my red marks are a lil more apparent

what is worse are my scars!! THEY look huge after i get out of the shower.

Posted

Yes definetly redder after shower but after exercise my skin looks so great and glowing i wish i could always have my skin like that, I guess it must be the increased blood circulation

Posted

do you guys take really hot showers? my skin looks normal after the shower

Posted

do you guys take really hot showers? my skin looks normal after the shower

I don't take too hot of showers and my redmarks are about the same. When I wake up right in the morning, my face looks really good. Now, I have two options. I can keep it like that till the afternoon then take a shower or let it stay all day and my face will get all nasty. haha.

Posted

i wonder why our faces look so nice in the morning.

Posted

cause less blood flow

Posted

...odd?

My face looks the best after a shower, a nice long hot shower.

weird.

Posted

...odd?

My face looks the best after a shower, a nice long hot shower.

weird.

Same for me TBH.

Posted

YES and it fu***n sux! GRR

Posted

After a hot shower my entire body is red. I have very pale and sensitive skin and it doesnt like the nice hotness of the water. So all my flaws are very highlighted. And red. And they stand out terribly. Ick.

Posted

totally! they look like giant open red sores!

i seriously wanna know why is it our skin looks best when we wake up, before we wash it or do anything? honestly marks andn skin looks like 100% better.. almost liveable with out makeup! i dont get it!

Posted

washing or touching face slightly irrates your skin which is why after washing your red marks will be more visible.

a lot of red marks have to do with capillaries (i think thats how its spelt). try pushing on some red spots for 10 mississippi seconds and then look real quick. they appear to be gone then come back real quick. its a blood flow thing. working out gets the blood pumping and thus can also make red marks look worse.

Posted

washing or touching face slightly irrates your skin which is why after washing your red marks will be more visible.

a lot of red marks have to do with capillaries (i think thats how its spelt). try pushing on some red spots for 10 mississippi seconds and then look real quick. they appear to be gone then come back real quick. its a blood flow thing. working out gets the blood pumping and thus can also make red marks look worse.

Agreed!

"working out gets the blood pumping and thus can also make red marks look worse"!

Posted

i seriously wanna know why is it our skin looks best when we wake up, before we wash it or do anything? honestly marks andn skin looks like 100% better.. almost liveable with out makeup! i dont get it!

A full night of no touching, no picking/poking, no food that can cause flushing or inflammation, no emotional factors (flustered, blushing) no real environmental factors (cold air/wind, hot showers) no topical irritation (makeup, applying topicals etc.) so of course your skin will look better...no irritation.

Posted

A full night of no touching, no picking/poking, no food that can cause flushing or inflammation, no emotional factors (flustered, blushing) no real environmental factors (cold air/wind, hot showers) no topical irritation (makeup, applying topicals etc.) so of course your skin will look better...no irritation.

well what about the scars, they look shallower as well

Posted

i dont think any of this is true. It's because your body's heart rate goes down while you sleep and the blood pumping is minimized which makes the marks appear less red but as the day goes on, it will become normal again. It's all inflammation even if it is microscopic.

Posted

i dont think any of this is true. It's because your body's heart rate goes down while you sleep and the blood pumping is minimized which makes the marks appear less red but as the day goes on, it will become normal again. It's all inflammation even if it is microscopic.

thats exactly what my derm said. its inflammation. so that means its not capillaries and stuff right. its not broken blood vessels its inflamation in the SKIN

Posted

broken blood vessels look different. They are like lines that are red. It's all inflammation. Even if there's no bump or anything, it's inflammation under the skin.