Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Ty

Question for regimen veterans

You started off for the few few weeks/months following the regimen to the word, things went well and your face completly cleared up. My question is once you were clear did you cut back on the BP(its expensive) or alter the regimen in any way? if so what alterations did you make? i'm just wondering if once i'm clear(nearly there & only at week 3) could I use BP once a day instead of twice and effectivly prevent outbreaks and pimples?

Not sure if I'm a veteran but I've been on the Regimen for 2.5 months and 100% clear for 3 or 4 weeks. I haven't made any changes to the BP (amount or frequency). I don't think once a day is going to cut it unless you do something like the acne cure and use and SA product. I suggest that you rather try cutting back a little on the amount and still doing it twice a day

I was clear from June until like 3 weeks ago when I started skipping BP applications. BIG MISTAKE!!!! Zits are coming back! Yikes!

i only have time to put it on in the morning, and my acne is going away. i find it gives my face more time to heal, or not get to dry because of over-using the bp 2x a day.

however, for the first few months of the regiman i did use it 2x a day, but then when college started i only have time in the morning to put it on. but it seems to be working fine for me

i've been on regimen for 6 months and now i use MUCH less BP(tube lasts about 3-4 weeks) and only in the morning, For the night i apply neutrogena multi vitamin to get rid of my red mrks,so far its working.

Ive been using the BP for about a week and its workin. But now when ever i wash my face with "normal" soap, 5 minutes later my skin is really dry and flaky, even before puttin on any of the BP. Can someone tell me y or if this is supposed to happen, and what i might be doin wrong. Appreciate it.

Chubbs

i've been on the regimen for about 2 months, and i didn't have pimples for the last like 2 weeks. I started slackin off thinking it was just the products i was using before that were causing the acne(since i switched from using a crappy comodogenic moisturizer and clearsil harsh skin dryer w/tricoslan and clearisil 10% bp to a gentile cleanser and 2.5 and purpose dual action moisturizer) Earlier this week i didnt even bother to put on the bp in the morning, i did that 2 days in a row. Also on one of these days i fell asleep w/o washing my face at all (woke up at 7 in the mornin to wash my face knowing i screwed up) Sure enough, i have that all too familiar red spot on my left cheek, probally the side i was sleeping on, and on the same side a definite whitehead, and on my forehead ive got another red spot forming) I've blasted these areas w/bp so hopefully they will go away w/o become huge whiteheads, please God wink.gif So pretty much what u should learn from me is dont slack off and start skipping applications of bp, bad idea. also i never used as much bp as dan suggested and i had great results, so i cant tell u whether to lower the amount or not as u go because i always only used enough to just cover a small area, then move on to the next area. Good luck

Followed it strictly for few months till I was clear, then cut dnw to applying bp once a day - still moisturize twice tho

Once I was clear I used half acne cure & half Dan's regimen

Morning

Dime size dollop of Neutrogena Acne Wash with drop or two of water

put on face and wait minute or two

rinse

Dime size dollop of AHA lotion (I use Walgreens AHA)

use same as above

rinse

moisturize

Night

Neutrogena Acne Wash as above

lots of bp

moisturize (Eucerin Renewal)

I have not had one breakout since I started this