Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Jen121

Dehydrator...

Does anyone here own a dehydrator and actively use it? How do you like it?

I really want to order the excalibur brand to make breads, cookies, chips, roasted nuts, etc.

omg jen, i thought nobody here has used one. (like iv asked already :rolleyes: ) :doh: i recently have read it's used by vegans on raw diet to make bread, cookies, etc. i thought dehydrating doesnt really need some special device. is it generally expensive?

Google Saladacco or Spirooli. That's what I want... raw vegan stuff is kind of cool even though I don't agree completely with the diet philosophy. Basically those things I mentioned are these little machines that create "pasta" out of things like zuchinni or whatever else you want. So a raw vegan recipe is to make zuchinni "pasta" then leave it in salt water for a bit which I guess makes the "noodles" more like real spaghetti, minus all the semolina wheat / carbohydrates, and plus more nutrients.

Its about 100 dollars. I really want to start making nut loafs from scratch and cookies too! I have been reading raw food books and it looks really healthy and tasty :cool: