Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Platinum007

Boogery, sore eyes? Side effect?

Just trying to save the hassle and $ of going to the doctor.

Anyone have this and how long did it last?

Last week I fell asleep without washing off my mascara and my left eye was boogery and red the next day. It continued to be weepy, pussy and red for a few days then settled down. Last night I had a scratching fit and, I think, bent the upper eyelashes or twisted them or something cuz now it's sore and I have more boogers.

I wrote it off to irritation to the mascara but this has lasted too long to not be an infection of some kind. But if it's a common, transient side effect, I'll try living with it.

Thanks,

Platinum

In about the second month my eyes became very dry red and i found the only real solution was eye drops but with me it came and went!

Hope it gets better soon

I've had that happen to me every time I haven't taken off eye makeup properly.

always went away within a few days, but if you're worried see a doc!

xo

Yeah, this is not just an irritation or a side effect. It's an infection. I guess I'll call the doc today.

Thanks, everyone.

Platinum

Did you go to the dr?

Yeah, this is not just an irritation or a side effect. It's an infection. I guess I'll call the doc today.

Thanks, everyone.

Platinum

Did you go to the dr?

I went in-person to make an appt and they were booked till next week and I didn't have my calendar with me. So I intended on calling the opthamologist when I got home from work to see if they could work me in tomorrow but by the time I got home my eye was feeling better. Unfortunately it will get boogery and cloudy overnight and itchy in the morning. I just need to call the doc tomorrow. But I know they won't get me in until next week and I bet it will be gone by then. I think it's a virus just running it's course.

I go to the doc only if I am dying.....lol :lol: . Or I save up a bunch of maladies for one good appointment. I take a notebook with me... :rolleyes: