Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
The Actress

How do I get ACCUTANE prescribed to me????

I have been to DOZENSSSS of derms all over LA and none of them have wanted to prescribe me accutane, I have SEVERE, mild-moderate acne, meaning it 's not horrible acne but there's alot it! It's horrible it comes and goes being ok and then REALLy bad! I have tried practically everything except accutane, i'm thinking it's all i have left, i'm really getting desperate and i've even thought of buying it illegaly just so that I could dose myself and get it over with, but i'm afraid with all of these side effects, i really want to be under supervision etc. DOES ANyoNE know of a DERM in LA or near la or just friggin southern california that prescribes accutane liberally????

PLEASE HELP THNX!

I have been to DOZENSSSS of derms all over LA and none of them have wanted to prescribe me accutane, I have SEVERE, mild-moderate acne, meaning it 's not horrible acne but there's alot it! It's horrible it comes and goes being ok and then REALLy bad! I have tried practically everything except accutane, i'm thinking it's all i have left, i'm really getting desperate and i've even thought of buying it illegaly just so that I could dose myself and get it over with, but i'm afraid with all of these side effects, i really want to be under supervision etc. DOES ANyoNE know of a DERM in LA or near la or just friggin southern california that prescribes accutane liberally????

PLEASE HELP THNX!

Have you SPECIFICALLY REQUESTED accutane? You need to ask for it, maybe even insist on it. Be assertive. Don't wait for the doctor to suggest it. Tell them it's your decision (be informed about it) and you want to do it.

Good luck.

well before someone else says it:

people say "your doctor knows best, he/she will prescribe you want you need not want or whats best for you"

let me just start by saying thats a bunch of sh!! dont believe doctors are 'unable' to prescribe it becasue there simply 'unwilling' to go through the process of ipledge

find a doctor thats (and this is stereotyping this is NOT a sure thing just to help you out):

1. FEMALE - females are more sympathetic to your acne, thus more likely to be presuaded to Rx accutane (but there are males that RX it too)

2. make yourself break out thats what i mentioned before in this site (and what i did/ tried to do) about two weeks before (if oyu can handle it) constantly touch your face producing oil/clogging pores casueing zits

3. make sur eyou DON NOT WASH FACE AT ALL the day of doc visit, and make sure its nice and oily when you go it.

4. ASK sometimes jsut simply requesting it will get you on it, as doc know if the patient doesnt want to do it there not gonna do it (taking minocycline i mean)

5. MAKE SURE THERE YOUNG!!!!!! this is a biggy, the younger they are the more technologically inclined they are thus they can use a computer better to fill out the forms/ know more about it and the current process of iPledge (which isnt bad for males just females)

6. grow a [email protected], if your male you have a much better chance as you get to avoid all the questions every month, and its easier to get / despense.

7. make sure your doctor cna trust you.

GOOD LUCK IM ON WEEK END OF WEEK 2!!!

(sorry for bad grammar i rushed typign this)

well before someone else says it:

people say "your doctor knows best, he/she will prescribe you want you need not want or whats best for you"

let me just start by saying thats a bunch of sh!! dont believe doctors are 'unable' to prescribe it becasue there simply 'unwilling' to go through the process of ipledge

find a doctor thats (and this is stereotyping this is NOT a sure thing just to help you out):

1. FEMALE - females are more sympathetic to your acne, thus more likely to be presuaded to Rx accutane (but there are males that RX it too)

2. make yourself break out thats what i mentioned before in this site (and what i did/ tried to do) about two weeks before (if oyu can handle it) constantly touch your face producing oil/clogging pores casueing zits

3. make sur eyou DON NOT WASH FACE AT ALL the day of doc visit, and make sure its nice and oily when you go it.

4. ASK sometimes jsut simply requesting it will get you on it, as doc know if the patient doesnt want to do it there not gonna do it (taking minocycline i mean)

5. MAKE SURE THERE YOUNG!!!!!! this is a biggy, the younger they are the more technologically inclined they are thus they can use a computer better to fill out the forms/ know more about it and the current process of iPledge (which isnt bad for males just females)

6. grow a [email protected], if your male you have a much better chance as you get to avoid all the questions every month, and its easier to get / despense.

7. make sure your doctor cna trust you.

GOOD LUCK IM ON WEEK END OF WEEK 2!!!

(sorry for bad grammar i rushed typign this)

exactly, i have a derm who is like a buff guy, i dont like him. hes probably one of those jerks in high school. and he commented on my acne as if it was nothing, he got the clearest skin how would he know.., yeah you should get a female dermatologist, im going through the same thing. im like asking people to make my acne worse.

I disagree. a lot of old derms love prescribing accutane. they have been prescribing it for years and believe in it. my derm is at east 50 something years old and she prescribes accutane liberally. she has a secretary take care of all of the ipledge stuff.

I disagree. a lot of old derms love prescribing accutane. they have been prescribing it for years and believe in it. my derm is at east 50 something years old and she prescribes accutane liberally. she has a secretary take care of all of the ipledge stuff.

thanks for the suggestions guys! Yeah another thing that sucks though is that my insurance is shitty and so i don't know how many more appointments i'm gonna have to pay for before getting Accutane ! bleeeeeh dammit:( hmmm... i need to download some pix on here lol so people know what i'm talking about! Yeah i've had ALot of those asshole doctors errrrr they seem like their just in it for the money!

How long does it take with ipledge to actually GET the accutane? anyone?

yes that is true but when you think about it the regulations have changed and some have stop because of it, but like i said this is just stereotyping doctors (NOT ALL DOCS FIT THIS PROFILE that means yes older doctors still RX it)

How long does it take with ipledge to actually GET the accutane? anyone?

me a male it took a few days. first day the ok from doc, second day blood work third script.

PLEASE HELP THNX!

Have you SPECIFICALLY REQUESTED accutane? You need to ask for it, maybe even insist on it. Be assertive. Don't wait for the doctor to suggest it. Tell them it's your decision (be informed about it) and you want to do it.

Good luck.

yes, i'd support seeing a female derm also. i've been to 3 female derms, all were ok with me going on accutane (i've moved around a lot in the past year). the one male derm DID NOT PRESCRIBE ACCUTANE as part of his practice. he was also chair of the derm department at a very very good medical school. he was also old. i think women just understand better how serious it is when you have a disease that disfigures your face than men do.

seriously, i was so angry at the male derm. he was the first one i saw when i suddenly started gettins cysts last year. all he did was put me on topical clindamycin (which we all know would do absolutely NOTHING for cystic acne which he should know). he didn't mention accutane as a possibility, nor did he mention that to go on it i would have to wait a month. after seeing him, i talked to a friend in dermatology who suggested i see a different female doctor who prescribes accutane liberally. when i saw that doctor she said, "oh did dr. so and so refer you to me, since he doesn't prescribe accutane? it looks like you definitely need it". and then she told me i'd have to wait ANOTHER month to go on it b/c of the stupid Ipledge system which just started the month before. i was so angry!!!!

I went to tons of doctors trying to get it for my mild acne, I got it on my like 4th doc.

Basically, I couldn't stand it anymore, broke down crying etc, not on purpose either, saying you are sick of this. I told the doc I never went out anymore because of my acne etc etc. I told the doctor if I don't get it soon I will buy it off the net

OR

You could make your face worse then get it.