Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ShockBotkins

Hands or Washcloth?

Just wanting to see what you guys use to clean your face with before applying the BP. Do you use your hands or wash cloth? I use my hands but always worry that oils or bacteria on my hands will cause my face to get worse, i always wash my hands before I wash my face. I know using a washcloth can irritate your skin.

1) Wash hands thoroughly with anti-bacterial soap.

2) Gently wash face with fingtertips, light circular motion, lots of water splashing.

3) Towel to face only once to remove excess water, let air dry before applying BP.

-> Note: I change my towels twice a week. Yes, I am crazy clean when it comes to my skin.

I could not imagine using a washcloth. For one, a wet towel is probably a nice breeding ground for bacteria. I'd think a washcloth would be very rough and irritating too. Scrubbing can wreak havoc on your skin. I try to minimize the disturbance to my skin. I basically smooth on my cleanser and then rinse off by splashing lots of water on my face. I spend less than 10 seconds applying and probably about 15-20 seconds rinsing.