Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
calla lily

Day lotions that don't leave a white-ish cast

Do all lotions with SPF leave a white cast on the skin? I'm currently using olay complete and the white tint it leaves behind on my skin is annoying because it kind of makes my skin look dull. :/ Is there any moisturizer I can use during the day that can protect my skin from the sun without leaving a white cast on my skin? :pray:

I've used Olay, and though I don't use it anymore it was the best moisturizer with spf and it didn't leave any white cast anyway...

... so everyone else just goes around with a white cast on their face all day too or what? :think:

well either that, or we dont use moisturizer with spf in it. personally, i only use a moisturizer with SPF in it when i know i'm going to be outside for a long time (at the beach or snowboarding, etc.) SPF moisturizers are all too greasy, too.

good luck, whatever you decide.

hmm, i use fruit of the earth aloe vera gel. I use this morning and night, but at night i use a little bit of lavender oil too. Hmm yer the white cast?? :think: i use to use clearasils total control skin perfecting cream and it used to leave this white cast.

Try using L'Oreals HAPPYDERM moisturizer. The one I have doesn't have SPF but they probably have one with SPF available, I'm not sure. I switch between HAPPYDERM and Olay Complete.

I've used Olay, and though I don't use it anymore it was the best moisturizer with spf and it didn't leave any white cast anyway...

Yeah, olay is pretty good but it does leave a white cast on my skin sometimes... I use the olay complete for combination/oily skin. I wonder if the olay lotion designed for whatever skintype makes a difference (if that even makes sense at all)...

hmm, i use fruit of the earth aloe vera gel. I use this morning and night, but at night i use a little bit of lavender oil too. Hmm yer the white cast?? :think: i use to use clearasils total control skin perfecting cream and it used to leave this white cast.

I've also been using FOTE aloe vera gel, but recently I started wondering if it was actually giving me any protection from the sun. Does anyone know? I think it might, but I'm not sure...

Yer sun protection? i know that it hasnt got sunscreen, but i always thought the aloe vera did help guard against the sun? Not sure?

Yeah, olay is pretty good but it does leave a white cast on my skin sometimes... I use the olay complete for combination/oily skin. I wonder if the olay lotion designed for whatever skintype makes a difference (if that even makes sense at all)...

I've also been using FOTE aloe vera gel, but recently I started wondering if it was actually giving me any protection from the sun. Does anyone know? I think it might, but I'm not sure...

I use aveeno daily moisturizer without SPF and I like it, feels nice and light. I was wondering how well does FOTE aloe vera gel work? Ive been considering buying it, but the regime I have right now is going strong.

I use aveeno daily moisturizer without SPF and I like it, feels nice and light. I was wondering how well does FOTE aloe vera gel work? Ive been considering buying it, but the regime I have right now is going strong.

The best kind of aloe vera gel comes fresh from the plant itself, but if you don't have an aloe vera plant, FOTE aloe vera gel is still good, although it has a few preservatives in it even though it's 100% aloe vera gel. Anywaaaaay, I've been using FOTE aloe vera gel for a couple months now and I have no complaints except that it makes my eyes water sometimes (I've read somewhere that it does this because the aloe vera gel plant is closely related to the onion). After application, the skin may feel a bit tight, but the tightness goes away after a while. The aloe vera gel is semi-moisturizing (it's not like a moisturizing cream or anything though, so don't expect much from this in the moisturizing department). I've noticed that it's helped to fade some red marks/hyperpigmentation on my skin, but this has happened very slowly. And I mean SLOW! Overall, aloe vera gel is pretty great. I use it two times a day as a moisturizer and it appears to be keeping my skin clearer and brighter each day... Of course, I've also been using these new DDF products, but I'm sure the aloe vera gel helps, too! You can read a bunch of reviews on it here and here. The reviews are mostly positive. :)

I also like aloe vera gel in my hair. ;)

I have some scars on my shoulders from previous acne more than a year ago, im going to see if aloe vera can help there. I might be forced to go to a dermatologist if it doesnt, through my entire time with acne Ive never gone to a dermatologist. Never really trusted them as they have more of a trial and error approach.

I have some scars on my shoulders from previous acne more than a year ago, im going to see if aloe vera can help there. I might be forced to go to a dermatologist if it doesnt, through my entire time with acne Ive never gone to a dermatologist. Never really trusted them as they have more of a trial and error approach.

good luck on that, but don't expect miracles!