Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Mandy Ann

Im sooooo tempted to come off the regimen

My skin is wonderfully clear for the most pat with the regimen... its the best thing that has ever happened to me by far... I praise it lol. BUT... my overall skin tone/feel is just not normal... and the redmarkas are killing me :(

Also.. I have a few friends/have seen plenty of guys & girls with acne at my school... and I know a a faier amount of them don't use BP at all on their skin.. and despite the acne, their skin looks so heathy with barely-there redmarks..

Any success of coming off the reg after a long period of use and switching to something like tea tree oil right away?

I also want to give apple cider vinegar a try...

we think a like!! haha. i want to start using tea tree oil face wash stuff instead of dans cleanser. well..i dont want to use any cleanser. im tired of my face looking so dull from the regimen you know. i think im going to try this. have you heard of the "dip" method?

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/index.php?showtopic=117933

i hear it works for some. your not supposed to use moisturizer, bp, and stuff like that with it but i would use jojoba oil with it.

i hope someone can give us answers!! :think:

Mandy, if you don't get many responses here, PM a moderator and we'll move this over to one of the regimen forums for you, okay?

It could work. Bp and tea tree oil work pretty similarly, they both kill bacteria. WHether or not the tea tree will be as affective as Bp, you won't know unless you try.

I hear you about the "Bp skin". I used it a while ago and while my skin was fairly clear, I had wrinkles, dry skin, bad skin tone, lots of clogged pores, pale...I was clear with bad skin.

Guest tomblot88

It could work. Bp and tea tree oil work pretty similarly, they both kill bacteria. WHether or not the tea tree will be as affective as Bp, you won't know unless you try.

I hear you about the "Bp skin". I used it a while ago and while my skin was fairly clear, I had wrinkles, dry skin, bad skin tone, lots of clogged pores, pale...I was clear with bad skin.

this is very true

i tried tea tree products before and they really dried my skin out. and tea tree oil is very potent. if you want to help yr skin texture, acv is great for that. and you can do it while on the regimen. make sure you dilute it at least half with water or green tea (if you use green tea keep it in the fridge). acv can burn a little when you put it on, but it should fade quickly, and the smell should too. it worked wonders for my skin texture.

i tried tea tree products before and they really dried my skin out. and tea tree oil is very potent. if you want to help yr skin texture, acv is great for that. and you can do it while on the regimen. make sure you dilute it at least half with water or green tea (if you use green tea keep it in the fridge). acv can burn a little when you put it on, but it should fade quickly, and the smell should too. it worked wonders for my skin texture.

Yeah I really want to give ACV a try for sure :)

Tea tree oil actually hasn't dried out my skin at all.. i've been using it for a while now with the reg without even diluting it.. thats why im hoping that it could be a replacement haha.

Thanks for your help! =)

I seem to see where you are going with this, are you saying you want to stop the regimen to use something that will get rid of the red marks?

I don't know about you but no matter how clear I get, If I stop even for a week, my skin goes back to zero again.

If skin tone's a problem, why don't you consider trying Neutrogena Healthy Skin Face Lotion (haha, yes, it's quite the mouthful)? It's quite potent, but used in moderation it will smooth and even out your skin completely. If it's too strong, you can dillute it with Cetaphil or something.

Mandy,

What is your current routine a.m. and p.m.?

Have you considered maybe reducing the BP to once a day and seeing what happens? I''m trying out some Green Cream right now at night to give me some anti-aging benefits because, you know, I'm a few years older than most of you....cough......anyway, you might consider reducing the BP to once a day and using something like the NHSFL that SuperFly mentioned. See if that helps your skintone and quality any. I still use BP during the daytime and will see how my skin does. The tricky part is finding a way to reduce the medication without resulting in breakouts. For some people, this can be done, for others, the acne comes back. I've tried several times to go to once a day BP only to have the breakouts start coming back, but I keep trying, lol.

But maybe add in a stronger AHA product and see if that helps. Just use the NHSFL as your moisturizer for awhile and your skin tone and texture should improve.

This is a problem I faced as well. BP definitely gets me clear, but leaves my skin feeling gross at the same time.

If you are not currently using ACV and Jojoba Oil, then definitly try those out. My skin tone is much smoother and looks and feels more healthy. In the morning I wash, shave, apply ACV and then apply 3 drops of Jojoba. Then at night, I wash, apply ACV, apply Jojoba, apply Dan's BP, then apply NHSFL.

And I couldnt be happier. If I could only stick to drinking my 8 glasses of water a day, Im sure Id see even more results. Hope this helps, it has surely helped me.

tea tree oil in high percentages is known to be as effective as BP but without the peeling. though you may get redness.

only use at night as you'll look like the bottom of a frying pan as it is an oil.

:)

This is a problem I faced as well. BP definitely gets me clear, but leaves my skin feeling gross at the same time.

If you are not currently using ACV and Jojoba Oil, then definitly try those out. My skin tone is much smoother and looks and feels more healthy. In the morning I wash, shave, apply ACV and then apply 3 drops of Jojoba. Then at night, I wash, apply ACV, apply Jojoba, apply Dan's BP, then apply NHSFL.

And I couldnt be happier. If I could only stick to drinking my 8 glasses of water a day, Im sure Id see even more results. Hope this helps, it has surely helped me.

Thanks very much! Im goign to give ACV a try for sure.

tea tree oil in high percentages is known to be as effective as BP but without the peeling. though you may get redness.

only use at night as you'll look like the bottom of a frying pan as it is an oil.

:)

haha, suprisingly, tea tree oil doesn't make me look oily :shrug:

Tea tree oil actually hasn't dried out my skin at all.. i've been using it for a while now with the reg without even diluting it.. thats why im hoping that it could be a replacement haha.

If you have been using tea tree oil w/BP then maybe the problem is too many drying products? I always found tea tree oil waaaay too drying & irritating, but everyone is different too.

Well I am personally loving jojoba oil & lac-hydrin five for keeping my skin smooth & soft (& as even as it can be with these red marks). Now once these last few pimples clear & red marks fade I think my skin will look pretty good... :pray: