Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
CherryBunny3

Eye make up pissing me off

I work at the mall , i see alot of girls who have this great eye make up on their eyes looks like only an eyeliner and it makes their eyes pop out and looks so pretty ! i look at their eyes and cant look away fast and it pisses me off because iam not very sure how i can apply a stupid eye liner and make my eyes look anything like that , does anyone have tips or pictures or some sites that can help me?

I want something to make my eyes look very pretty , something that will get most of the attention to my eyes instead of my skin , i have brown eyes and i used black before and it was okay and i used brown was okay too and recently i used green which is better but still my eyes wouldnt look wow as i see others eyes ..., want something to do for everyday...to go to college , shopping even for work..i see alot of girls having the same kind of eye make up look , how can i do it? :evil::wall:

MakeupTalk.com has some great tutorials. There is a whole section devoted to it here. Even if I don't follow the tutorial directly, I tend to find them very inspiring.

MakeupTalk.com has some great tutorials. There is a whole section devoted to it here. Even if I don't follow the tutorial directly, I tend to find them very inspiring.

agreed. im so addicted to that site

I have brown eyes & find that navy blue eyeliner really makes brown eyes look pretty. I also use black too, but it has to be liquid eyeliner. If you have oily skin then liquid liner wears better (pencil just seems to soak in for me), plus it is more dramatic. I really like MAC eyeliner called "fluid line" that comes in little pots & you apply it with an eyeliner brush. It's a super easy way to apply liquid liner; & you can adjust the amount on the brush so you dont end up making a mess around your eye. I even use a brush with regular liquid liner that comes with a wand inside.

When I apply mine I start from the top center, right above my lashes & carry the line out slightly past my eye for a cat eye shape. Then I apply a little from the center of my eye to the inner corner. On the bottom I only apply liner from the center to the outer corner (to meet the extended line from the top). On the top & bottom inner corners of my eyes I apply a light shimmery shadow.

Try that & see if you like it. I get compliments on my eyes a lot, so I like to play them up as they seem to be my best feature.

Since you work in a mall get a free makeover at a cosmetic counter after work. Tell them you want (eyeliner that makes your eyes stand out) & then studey how it looks when its done.

thinking to do that but they end up doing it too much from what i see , but i will ask

About the shimmer thing , what color would go right with navy blue and my brown eyes ? ?

thinking to do that but they end up doing it too much from what i see , but i will ask

About the shimmer thing , what color would go right with navy blue and my brown eyes ? ?

I usually use white or off-white shimmery shadows. A pale silver is nice with navy blue. Most pale shimmery colors could work.

Yes I totally agree with Siouxcat about blue liner for brown eyes! I actually use Bobbi Brown's gel liner in Sapphire Shimmer. It's a small lil pot and you apply with a lil brush. Hmm I'm probably going to check out MAC's version to see if they have an even MORE blue hehe.

BTW I use the same technique in applying the liner as Siouxcat stated, except for the bottom lashline...which I still need to practice. Anyway, liner on the upper lashline alone should turn out like this...

http://img215.imageshack.us/img215/9582/bluegoldanz3.jpg

Guest blackheadben

Start off with a small amount of black liner near the lash line ON THE LID and smudge it. Put navy blue liner on next and smudge it so that it gradually goes from black to navy. Apply a thin line of navy ONLY (no black) on the lower lash line and smudge it too. If you wanted to, applying a light highlighter directly under the brow would make your eyes pop, too. Just remember, too much eyemakeup defeats the purpose and it makes your eyes look smaller. Just enough for "wow."

Try MAC Powerpoint pencils, my faves are Engraved (grey-gunmetal)not as harsh as black and Bountiful Brown (bronze-copper) makes brown eyes pop.

Or try Bobbi Brown Gel Eyeliners.

go to website makeupalley.com and you can check out any makeup line and people review the products and tell you either it is a hit or a miss :clap:

Hope this helps :rolleyes:

Eye shaep has a LOT to do with it. With my eyes, for example, i cant wear eyeliner rimming my eyes completely. I have to Put it on the outer corners only.

Navy blus is usually the best way to go with brown eyes, dark dark navy blue though. But if you wear that, dotn put on too much, it can look a little "dress up".

blac looks good on dark eyes too. Dont apply the eyeliner to the inner rims of your bottom lash line. Draw the line on right into your lash line, through your bottom lashes (hope that makes sense).

A nude shimmer in the inner corners of your eyes would look very nice too.