Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
acne_scarz

Some Famous Dudes with da 'cne

Hey everyone.

I was just thinking about some famous people going through the same bullshit we all are. Here are some:

1. Brock Forsey of the Chicago Bears, really bad acne

2. Gregg Popovich of the SA Spurs, scarring huge

3. Scott Pollard of the IN Pacers

...just a couple

Add more if you like

scarring is not limited to sports many hollywood actors actually have acne scarring itself. notables include:

tommy lee jones

laurence fishbourne

ray liotta

nicolas cage

jet li

mike myers

i'm sure there are plenty others, however notice how i said ACTORS. i currently cannot think of any actresses with acne scarring. Hollywood seems to be pretty gender biased when it comes to acne scarring, but i'm sure there are a few actresses with it.

Bill Murray (serious scars)

Abraham Lincoln (very severe all his life)

King Tut (acne treatment discovered among his possesions)

Michael Jackson (One of the reasons why he went crazy and rebuilt his face out of plastic)

Oh hey 781, I'm from the bay area too...which part?

Elizabeth Hurley has acne scarring all around the bottom of her cheeks and forehead!!!

Renee Russo is reported to have scars but I have never noticed

Guest Crooked I

Pity all these people are rich and famous. Unlike us.

Sharon stone has scarring. You have to look close to see it though because she has good skin tone and wears heaps of makeup and she might of had lots of things done. You can see it mostly in that movie sliver.

She also has some sort of surgical scar on her neck:

http://www.sharonstonesscar.com/

Other male actors are

Mel gibson. He's got a pretty large deep pit on his right lower chin/cheek. In his earlier Australian movies you could see him suffering from acne.

John Travolta. Check out his face in Saturday night fever.

Brad Pitt. I heard he got restylane done but that's not permanent is it?

The late River Phoenix (Mainly acne some minor scarring)

Christian Slater (He had acne and some scarring in any movie he made between 86-91). My sister even saw him up close in the early 90s in a cafe and she said he had bad acne.

Corey Haim (Has one noticeable pit)

Eric Bana (The hulk)

Ving Rhames (Casualties of war, Mission Impossible, Pulp fiction)

David Wenham (The lord of the rings movies)

I need a life but you just can't avoid seeing scarring on those big screens. I shudder to think how my face would look.

the beautiful Vanessa Williams has acne scarring on her cheeks. it's pretty noticable.

it kind of scares me to think these ppl have scarring? why thye are rich why havent they had these surgeries that eveyone on here is talking about to get ird of them??

weird i was going to post a thread yesterday about this but then seen it today lol

Catherine Zeta Jones has a large pock/acne scar on her upper right cheek and the tracheotomy scar on her neck.

The actress on "Ed" Julie Bowen(?) has a 3 inch cut on her left cheek by her mouth.

Diane Lane has a large cut scar near her eye.

I'm sure there are more!!

Alicia Keys had what looked like moderate acne on her jaw line last year (very lumpy and bumpy) but it looked like it had smoothed out on the Jonathon Ross show two weeks ago.

Suddenly, I feel bad. This thread proves that everyone notices everyone else's flaws, which means that everyone I come in contact with pays attention to my scars (and probably knows where everyone of them is, too). So much for the claim that people don't look at our faces (and skin) as closely as we think they do. I can see now that people do notice, which makes me feel kind of paranoid. sad.gif

Am I looking at this all wrong? I know the point everyone's probably trying to make is that even wealthy and successful celebrities can have bad skin and/or acne scars, but for some reason, I think I'm taking it the wrong way. I'm taking it that people ALWAYS notice our flaws, so even if I am able to improve my skin somewhat, there will always be people who will see whatever flaws or scars that are left...

Damn.

Guest Crooked I

Johnnery, i think its because we have scars, that we automatically look to find flaws in others. Perhaps its some unconcious effort to make ourselves feel better, i dont know.

Non acne sufferers will see the scars as well. But i doubt they dwell on them as long as us - we tend to analyse them to spot similarities and so on. Dont let it worry you biggrin.gif

Ok, maybe I'm just in a bad mood. But I don't give a toss about which famous person has acne or scars. That doesn't help me at all. All I care about is the fact that I have scars and I don't want them and I'm gonna do my damndest to get rid of them. I'm sorry but knowing that other people have it the same or worse doesn't lessen the depression I feel about mine.

Sorry if I'm being grumpy, I just want my face to look like 99% of the people I see around me sad.gif

Donna

Yeah I agree on that. My scarring isnt that bad, just scattered brown marks here and there, but it doesnt make me feel better that famous people have scars also. I just want to be normal like everyone else. Im sooooooo paranoid about my face that I think about it all the time. Sometimes I feel good about my face, sometimes I feel crappy. I just want to feel good all the time. And I think I polluted my face with a whole bunch of topicals that Im thinking I should just leave my freaking face alone and let it heal on its own.

so if they are rich why dont these actors and singers get there scars fixed..laurence fishbrun has had scars all over his fave for as logn as i can remember, why wouldnt he fix them if hes on camera all the time? does he just not care our is there nothing then cando for some of therse ppl?

Probably because they don't care.

Honestly, who doesn't think that Lawrence Fishbourne is one bad ass mofo?

The ones that have the scars probably realize that they [the scars] are part of what got them to where they are today.

They are in the acceptance stage, and plus, see what they've accomplished with the disability....

very admirable...

heh... sometimes when im daydreaming in school i think about how cool it would be to be a pirate back in the days and to get a big long scar along my cheek from a swordfight, that would be totally badass!! dunno why but it'd be mega spiffy, heh dunno what this has to do with the thread but i suppose it depends upon the type of scar that affects someone psychologically....

hey i don't think that singer guy SEAL has acne scarring but does anyone know where he got it from?? i saw his pic in the cd store today and damn it looks like he got messed up awhile ago.... anyone who doesn't know what im talking about... check out http://www.seal.com/seal/photos/seal5_11.cfm

They are in the acceptance stage, and plus, see what they've accomplished with the disability.... 

very admirable...

I know for a fact that I am hyper aware of people's skin. It comes from having very sensitive skin from the time I was a child, then to acne, and then scarring. I really think I notice things other people wouldn't, but the fact that I notice it is what causes my happiness. I guess I have mixed feelings about famous people with scarring. On one hand it makes me feel less alone (kind of like coming to this board). On the other hand it makes me sad as, if these people who (one would think) would fix their scars if there was any way, it must truly mean that no really effective treatment exists.