Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Honey is actually one of the best naturual sweetners out there. Too sweet, actually, for my taste, but you can put honey on almost any food to sweeten it and in any drink. If it's a cold drink, though, the honey won't mix as well.

honey is better than sugar but its still gonna spike your blood sugar levels.

you can try agave nectar, it comes from a plant, is fairly sweet tasting but is low on the glycemic index.

im not sure about honey, it might be ok for me, tastes great, but since its sweet and im not sure if it breaks me out, i avoid it, as best as possible atleast

Local honey is great for allergies, but personally I would not use it for any thing other than that. Honey is predigested by the bees, thus is gets into your bloodstream faster and better than sugar (anything predigested is utilized better and faster, such as predigested thyroid for a poor thryoid) and therefore spikes (as said earlier) your blood sugar levels.

No sources on that though, it is just common knowledge I have picked up being in the natural foods line of work, but I am sure you can find some sources online if you tried.