Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
specialk

bad food=acne??

If sugery food ect.. can cause the hormones to raise wich ya know cause acne and stuff... then why are all my friends eat all this crappy sugery stuff and never eat anything nutritous and there skin is PERFECT?

Guest fatman_uk

Cause they don't HAVE acne?

Acne is a disease ya know.

-Gaz

I don't believe diet plays much part in acne. As for your friends their skin might be perfect but take a look at their bodies which probably arn't. Try to stick to the food groups maintaining a balanced diet and you should be fine.

Guest fatman_uk
well dang.. why me why do i have the disease

for many, diet DOES affect acne. if you go to various acne boards you will find people whose acne has significally improved with a change of diet. iodine has been scientifically proven to cause acne. sugary can cause acne for some too.

whatever studies have shown that diet does not affect acne are inaccurate. diet does not CAUSE acne, so if you don't have acne, diet won't cause it. but if you do have acne, diet can TRIGGER it and make it much worse.

studies regarding iodine and acne state that iodine can irritate acne. this is a lot different than CAUSING it.

ironically, all these acne diets around the net recommend foods that, depending on what you buy, will have good amounts of iodine in it (broccoli, etc)

Right, because it would take A LOT of iodine to aggrevate your skin problems. Iodine shouldn't cause acne or even aggrevate it for the normal acne sufferer....unless he happens to be SUPER SUPER senstive. Anything is possible. Whatever you decide to do, just don't think it means avoiding ALL possible culprits. Just eliminate what you've disovered that aggrevates you. If you don't know what foods aggrevate you, then start eliminate some of the culprits and see what happens....

Good luck all