Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Laura123

Retin A or Retin A Micro

Just out of curiousity really........now we have RAM does anyone still use the standard Retin A and what are your reasons for using normal Retin A?

My doc put me on standard RA. When I was a teen I heard Micro was more for the teen set, I have no idea if that's true. The website for Micro is certainly geared towards teens. The main difference is those "microspheres" that make it less harsh than regular RA.

To be perfectly honest, I think RAM is on the market because the patent for RA expired and now anyone can get it generic. So they had to formulate something new and patent it to keep their market share with this "new" product. Maybe that's the business cynic in me, and yes, the formula is different, more gentle, etc. But I don't think there's a generic RAM, so they market the RAM in the hope that people will ask for it by name and docs will prescribe it over regular RA.

You make a good point there!Had not thought about the patent issue, I'm sure that was a factor in them developing micro!