Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DMBsDreamGrl

Tomorrow is my last day on Accutane...

Alright...you guys are going to probably think I'm over reacting but I justbroke out with this tonight ..it itches too:

It looks a bit agravated (my skin is also very dry):

IPB Image

and there's also another tiny pimple popping up like the one I posted the other day, each day I get 2 more little pimples! I felt something itching on my face and when I went to go look in the mirror another tiny pimple was popping up! :wall: this is driving me crazy!

why're they deciding to pop up now?!

Hmm. Well, maybe it was an irritation from your pillow or something. In the past when I would break out on my face, similar to yours, it was from my hair, my pillow, or just from sweating.

I just realized I have one on the side of my face that healed, trying to creep back up. I put some Benzaclin (sp?) on it though. lol It's small so hopefully it will go away soon.

what do you wash your face with now?

Hydroxy acids still might be too harsh at this point.

In fact, i can't use BHA or AHA without getting inflamed pimples.

do you think continuing vitamin e is good, since people claim that it breaks them out?

start thinkin about the factors?

i mean, sometimes after we get something so good...clear skin..we want to play around with it?

is there anything you are modifying?

Both of you made good points, thanks for your suggestions, I'm going to change my pillows tonight before I go to sleep.. I stopped cleaning my face with antibacterial hand soap and brought some Cetaphil cleanser today, so I'll let you guys know in a few days how things turn out, hopefully this stops :pray:

Hi! sorry, i'm actually sort of interested in your progress, because i can sort of relate. When pimples seem to come back from nowhere, i find its not usually a physical factor, but a result of our actions.

Antibacterial hand soap= dial? you might want to watch out. Cetaphil Also.

Both of those caused lots of comedomes when i used them...

Just my experience...i only wash with warm water. Definitely not cold water.

well, i still do.

But i find that when you get "Abnormal" pimples, you can trace the source to something tangible.

When i was using dial, i found that i got weird papules--more like red spots that i wasn't sure were even pimples. I also got whiteheads that i never get around my mouth.

When i used cetaphil, i instantly got lots of whiteheads on my cheeks-more like a rash than a breakout.

when i used AHA 20%, i find that my skin would exfoliate too much--tecnically impossible, but i would constantly break out. the comedomes would become papules through irritation.

When i discontinue them, I find that my pimples are more normalized--more typical and less frequent.

When you use some soaps, though the ingredients may seem ideal, its ultimately what is best for you.

For example,

when i use paula's choice products. I never respond well. Despite all her ingredients being top notch.

In my case, warm water is the best. Cold water is the bane of my existence.

Hot water causes too much oil production.

Right now, I think diet is still the trigger of my acne. But i can deal with it. I need certain foods in my life to ease the stress of organic chemistry and the like.

But yes, I think we have the tendency to fix what is already right. Whenever i get clear, I want to get "clearer" but that leads to a spiral downwards. Don't add legs to a snake as chinese peopel would say.

hope you find the thing that is causing it. Because those pimples don't look like pimples to me...more like irritation. not very "modal" pimples right...?

You're very helpful with your advice, I appreciate you spending the time with me to figure out why I'm breaking out :) When I washed my face tonight I noticed a clear liquid coming out of the spot (the picture I posted today) when I dryed off my face :eh: I also noticed another tiny pimple forming.. I don't think it could be from my pillows or sheets because I haven't even gone to bed yet and these pimples are popping up, they seem to come at the end of the day. Thanks again for your help, I wish you luck with everything :wub:

DMBsDreamGrl please don't panic! I understand we read this forum and we see people relapsing like in a month or 2. That can happen but is rare! Accutane for more then 85% who use it it's good for at least a year or more. So be cool :)

I had the same thing happening to me. So read this up good. During the last 2 weeks of tane I tappered my dose down just for the hell of it from 60mg to 40mg a day and saw several small outbreaks on shoulders and neck and a few on my face and on my forehead I developed tiny pimples allover, I was sure coming off tane that would be the end of it.

Since coming off it, I was seeing every 4-5 days a small reddish pimple and my forehead had very tiny pimples all over it. Now I'm 1 1/2 months past finishing tane and all good and the problem with the forehead is 90% better now too. I guess when you are on the medication for a long time, your body can react for a while since it was used to it. And oh yeah 2-3 weeks finishing tane I got a ugly cyst on my back!! I never got cysts on my back!!

But as for those very very nonexistant type of pimples you get I still get those too but less now as well and I can very well live with those. Many young people our ages who you see have clear skin get those too.

Hey Harakiri, thanks for the reply :) Yeah one of the main reasons I'm freaking out about it is because I read alot of stories on here that someone had to go on a second course or that Accutane didn't help at all :doubt: When I woke up this morning the little pimples were gone and the one I posted a picture of last night is not red anymore, it's just a little mark. I just hope later on today I don't break out in new ones. Your post made me feel feel a whole lot better, thanks for your help :)

not to get on your back dreamgirl, but you really discourage those ppl who have not gotten accutane by overacting to something so minor.i though you were breaking out in an actual pimple, but a little red mark.come on!!!

Yeah I can see your point, but you don't know me that well to say I'm overreacting..I've been through alot with acne and have had my life on hold for a long time, the least thing I want right now is to begin breaking out again. I hope this wont be discouraging to anyone, everyone's skin is different and everyone needs to understand that and not let my post tear them down.

Oh and I forgot to mention, you may or may not have those periods, this is how it goes for me. There is 2-3 I get almost nothing, sometimes even a week and then I get several to a dozen of those and then they disappear fast without a trace and so on, but besides the red marks, your face will still look great maybe not super perfect but great ;)

And as for me, I just got a small reddish on my forehead and like teeny reddish ones too, I just came home and saw them and I ain't panicking, because I know those will dissappear and reappear.

Alright cool thanks,you've been such a great help :) next time I get a small one I'll think the same thing because these tiny pimples went away pretty quickly :D

One more thing I forgot to mention, not sure if it's already been said, but could it be your perfume or shampoo causing the irritation? Just thought I'd mention it.

That's so odd you asked,.. while spraying myself with perfume today I thought the same thing and tryed to avoid the perfume from touching my face :lol: I don't think it could be that though because I've been using that same perfume for awhile, along with my shampoo. I haven't gotten anymore little marks tonight so I'm alright now, I think I broke out because my face was irritated from the antibacterial hand soap I was using cause it really dried my face out.