Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DMBsDreamGrl

Tomorrow is my last day on Accutane...

I'm very excited but I've been noticing small pimples on my face, like very tiny ones that are like sweat pimples...should I be concerned? I do cardio and sweat with that but I wash my face afterwards. I'm so stressed my pimples might be coming back, they're so tiny though and I'm not sure if I should worry or not. Please help reassure me on what's going on. :doubt:

I just wanted to add that where the tiny pimples are showing up there's no clogged pores or anything, just a smooth surface, my skin is still dry & peeling though.

I wouldn't worry too much about it...isn't the drug supposed to continue working up to a month after you finish? It doesn't sound too bad anyway, think of all the improvement you've achieved! And congrats!

I'm very excited but I've been noticing small pimples on my face, like very tiny ones that are like sweat pimples...should I be concerned? I do cardio and sweat with that but I wash my face afterwards. I'm so stressed my pimples might be coming back, they're so tiny though and I'm not sure if I should worry or not. Please help reassure me on what's going on. :doubt:

I just wanted to add that where the tiny pimples are showing up there's no clogged pores or anything, just a smooth surface, my skin is still dry & peeling though.

I got the same shit even after several weeks now since being off accutane. But even when I was still on accutane, that's how far my acne actually cleared.

How big are your pimples anyway. Mines are primarily on forehead and are very very small, you have to come to close to my face to see them but on the rest of my face they are microscopic.

I wouldn't worry too much about it...isn't the drug supposed to continue working up to a month after you finish? It doesn't sound too bad anyway, think of all the improvement you've achieved! And congrats!

Thank you for the reassurance and congrats :D

I got the same shit even after several weeks now since being off accutane. But even when I was still on accutane, that's how far my acne actually cleared.

How big are your pimples anyway. Mines are primarily on forehead and are very very small, you have to come to close to my face to see them but on the rest of my face they are microscopic.

Here's a picture I took for you, this is the biggest one I have right now, the others are just very very tiny red marks that are hardly a bump yet.

IPB Image

please excuse the dark circles under my eyes :redface:

That's nothing!! Your skin looks great. Its probably just a little mark from stress or something. It'll go away no problemo.

I know how you feel .. I only have one month left on accutane (probably) my doctor said he would keep me on it for 6 months if I needed it. But i'm still getting zits. Not a lot of them I guess, nothing compared to what I used to get. But I figured I wouldn't be breaking out at all you know.

Those are so so tiny though. You shouldn't worry.

I don't see anything, it's very minor, i wouldn't worry about it just enjoy your new skin.

your skin looks great.

Let's just think about it this way, to keep things in perspective.

Today, go look closely at people/friends you often think have perfect skin; go look at them in a critical fashion. With this critical mindset, You will begin to notice stray whiteheads, and some signs of inflammation on a very minor level. But really, who cares? =)

Every has blemishes. Accutane won't make ya perfect.

your skin's awesome.

congrats!

Thank you all for replying to this, you've helped me feel so much less stressed about it :D I'm just going to stay calm for now and see how things go, I appreciate all the compliments also :wub: and John that's an awesome way of thinking, I'm going to remember that for now on! ;)

my last day on accutane was awesome. It was an early july day, and 2 days later I was going on a much needed vacation. so basically I had the whole summer ahead of me to relax after a rough as hell yr with tane and work and school.

Yes, I have exactly what you have. Those are invisible type pimples! They are completely normal. And yes just like somebody said here take a look at people who you think have clear skin, you can see some strays of very tiny pimples and yes accutane many times just makes your acne invisible what I mean is somebody needs to come really close to your face and thouroughly examine it to see something.

I was just thinking..I've ran out of Cetaphil face wash, and I've been using this antibacterial soap since it's the only soap I have right now, could this be causing me to break out? it's made my skin really dry!

I had a few of those teeny, tiny pimples when I finished accutane and completely panicked (lol). They went away right away but I still wasn't happy about it. My derm doesn't believe in using any type of maintenance until 4 months after a course of 'tane so I decided to order Green Cream (a non-prescription strength retinoid). Since I started using this, no more little pimples!

Thanks Tanya! I'm going to get some :) where do you buy it, cvs or walgreens?

I think you can only buy it online. The website is www.greencream.com - from there it lists where you can purchase it from. I bought mine from Lynda Sy Skincare - I checked out other sites and the prices were all the same. Here's a description of what it does:

"Green Cream Retinol Treatment is an anti-aging formulation developed by dermatologist Dr. Nia Terezakis with the help of a biochemist. The primary action of retinol is that it stimulates exfoliation of epidermal cells by accelerating skin cell turnover time from the standard 20 to 35 day cycle to 5 to 6 days. GC helps pores appear smaller, evens out skin tone, lightens dark pigmentation and leaves skin with a luminescent glow. GC is unique in its special delivery system that makes it gentler than many other products containing retinol. When used consistently over time, this product has the potential of reversing the effects of aging and sun damage in skin."

Hope that helps!