Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I am wondering if anyone here who might be eating a Paleo-ish diet has experimented with true organic free-range pastured porkthat has no salt or additives? Digging through the archives, I have come across many people saying to avoid pork, but I can't help but think it's because of the poor quality and additives (iodized salt, etc) in typical supermarket pork that might be their actual problem.

I usually eat 100% grassfed beef and have no problems with it but understand that pastured pork fat is the second highest source of vitamin D under cod liver oil. On the other hand, I know that pork, no matter how high the quality, is always fed grain, so I'm interested but hesitant. I have suspected that grain-fedbeef was the cause of several breakouts I've had when I had eaten that variety on a few occasions.

Doesn't cause me any problems. Hell, I can even eat bacon and sausage, although I do always buy the nitrate & MSG free kinds.