Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Lalason

Help avoid a new scar

I have a gaping hole in my nose which I fear will scar. I did have neosporin on it but then read this http://www.acne.org/messageboard/index.php...=124474&hl= and as i was so scared I took it off.

Do I leave the wound to dry and heal...use neosporin/ban aid.....use excema ointment/band aid.....use tea tree oil.......use witch hazel.....something else.......

PLEASE HELP, I don't know what to do. I am distraught and cano tthink of anything else, my head is spinning. if I know what to do then I will get on with it and stick with it until this gets better.

I have a gaping hole in my nose which I fear will scar. I did have neosporin on it but then read this http://www.acne.org/messageboard/index.php...=124474&hl= and as i was so scared I took it off.

Do I leave the wound to dry and heal...use neosporin/ban aid.....use excema ointment/band aid.....use tea tree oil.......use witch hazel.....something else.......

PLEASE HELP, I don't know what to do. I am distraught and cano tthink of anything else, my head is spinning. if I know what to do then I will get on with it and stick with it until this gets better.

If you have a few days to stay home, you can put an advanced healing bandaid on it, you can get them in the bandaid aisle at Wal-mart. You leave it on for two days. You could also just put polysporin on it and leave it under a regular bandaid. hope that helps!

If you have a few days to stay home, you can put an advanced healing bandaid on it, you can get them in the bandaid aisle at Wal-mart. You leave it on for two days. You could also just put polysporin on it and leave it under a regular bandaid. hope that helps!

I am in the Uk so unfortunately I don't have access to a Walmart. I do however have some Scar Therapy strips that I got over there?

PS What is the difference between Neosporin and Polysporin?

Polysporin is an antibacterial ointment like neosporin but without the ingredient neomycin that people become allergic to more frequently. If you don't think it's infected just put some vaseline (petrolatum jelly) under a bandaid for awhile. Also aloe vera gel or straight aloe lotion from the plant is very healing.

Polysporin is an antibacterial ointment like neosporin but without the ingredient neomycin that people become allergic to more frequently. If you don't think it's infected just put some vaseline (petrolatum jelly) under a bandaid for awhile. Also aloe vera gel or straight aloe lotion from the plant is very healing.

It definitely is infected, just when i think I am getting somewhere, more pus comes out.

I am in dispair, i don't know what to do next.

It definitely is infected, just when i think I am getting somewhere, more pus comes out.

I am in dispair, i don't know what to do next.

If you have honey in the house put some on the spot and put a bandaid over it. Every two to three hours put a bit more honey under there to keep it moist. Honey is a great healer and if you keep it on with a dab of new every few hours it has an antibacterial effect.

If you have honey in the house put some on the spot and put a bandaid over it. Every two to three hours put a bit more honey under there to keep it moist. Honey is a great healer and if you keep it on with a dab of new every few hours it has an antibacterial effect.

I will try that, thank you very much. I will try anything!! :pray:

If you think it is more than your general acne infection go to a doctor!If it's just general acne pus I would bathe it in a antibacterial solution like Dettol (diluted obviously) or TCP and put some savlon cream on it. When it seems like it's not so infected put vaseline on it 24/7 wounds need to be moist to heal better.

I burned a hole in my cheek with glycolic acid 30% went to the walk in centre and they said vaseline is the best because it doesn't absorb too fast, stays put and keeps the wound moist!

If you think it is more than your general acne infection go to a doctor!If it's just general acne pus I would bathe it in a antibacterial solution like Dettol (diluted obviously) or TCP and put some savlon cream on it. When it seems like it's not so infected put vaseline on it 24/7 wounds need to be moist to heal better.

I burned a hole in my cheek with glycolic acid 30% went to the walk in centre and they said vaseline is the best because it doesn't absorb too fast, stays put and keeps the wound moist!

I am trying to do my make up to go to the Doctors, I leave in an hour. I just keep looking at my face and then walking away crying. I cant believe I have to go out like this. It is so bad that I am even panicking about Monday, will I be ready to go back to work by then?

It basically looks like someone has done a punch excision on my nose and left it open. I can't have another scar, I just can't :cry:

I need the skin in the centre to rise up, and I need the edges to close in. The plug in the centre just keeps coming loose. I have washed the area once on the last 24 hours.

Please anybody reading this, I beg you to suggest what I can try to promote healthy new skin to grow in the area, and fast :pray:

Hey there, try to relax until you go to the doctor. He/she should be able to tell you the best thing to do. Just don't mess with it/touch it any more than necessary. I always make things worse, especially when I am trying to cover things up with make up, and it looks like crap so I wash it off and re-do it. Now I try to tell myself if I may look a little worse now, but it will heal much better if I stop messin with it.

Btw, neosporin is not bad. I really think it help things heal better. You just can't overuse it, and if your skin isn't healing while using it or starts to look worse, stop using it. My problem and the others' on that thread mostly came from continuing with neosporin as it got worse and worse because we didn't know it was causing the problem.

Hope your doctors appointment goes well.

What type of honey is the best type?

Mmm.. honey :drool:

Manuka honey is supposed to be by far the best- this is the honey from New Zealand that articles always refer to when they say that honey has healing properties- you can probably find this at any natural store- and you can even get some Manuka honey creams!

I would also recommend this cream that i'm using- it's called 'Mother of Pearl' cream and it's from the Andean Medical Center, if you want to look it up on google. It has worked WONDERS for me (on old scars- about 7 years old), but is supposed to be even better at healing and in order to prevent new scars(though I would double-check this first)... I think they actually recommend applying this when the scar is first red etc. I first found out about it via a magazine, where they profiled certain 'skins for healing problem skin' and chose the best one. This one won, but this 'manuka honey propolis cream' or something like that is also supposed to be good... I have just googled this stuff, and there's loads of information and reviews out there...

Oh, big. BIG hugs- I know how worried you must be, but am sure your derm will sort it out! If not, try the stuff above- it's all pretty cheap and natural etc.

I went to the Docs, she reluctantly prescribed more antibiotics as, she said, people should only be on them for 6 months :hand: She also said to keep it dry and not to put any creams or anything on the area?

I went to the Docs, she reluctantly prescribed more antibiotics as, she said, people should only be on them for 6 months :hand: She also said to keep it dry and not to put any creams or anything on the area?

hey! Glad you went to the doctor about it. Manuka honey is the best but if you want to leave it dry most of the time, just put a dab of aloe vera gel in there and let that dry up. The gel will dry clear and create a protective layer that will help the skin to pull together better. Sometimes it is better to let scars dry up.

Well that's good.. I have Manuka honey already. I bought it from the supermarket a week ago.. there are sooo many different types to choose from here (I live in NZ)

hey man, u have the exact same problem i had a year ago, now let me tell u that IT WILL SCAR, but depending on what you do will determine how bad it is. the best thing to do is get one of those scar garment pads, and keep it on for a while so it wont raise. Also, keep massaging it. Neosporin alone does NOTHING. trust me. All you can do is apply pressure with the scar pad things, apply vitamin e, and keep massaging it.

hey man, u have the exact same problem i had a year ago, now let me tell u that IT WILL SCAR, but depending on what you do will determine how bad it is. the best thing to do is get one of those scar garment pads, and keep it on for a while so it wont raise. Also, keep massaging it. Neosporin alone does NOTHING. trust me. All you can do is apply pressure with the scar pad things, apply vitamin e, and keep massaging it.

You can't tell anyone they will scar just cause you did. That is ridiculous. Besides which, I think she is worried about an indented scar not a raised scar. What you do for the two is different. If it is still an open wound it needs to heal and massaging it and applying vitamin e would be very detrimental. For one thing, go look up vitamin e and scarring and see what you find.

if its about to scar its very unlikely you can stop it from scaring its just how it is. Once it goes in motion you cant stop it