Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Karmen

joppa, EM, or aubrey nicole?

which one should i use?!

i currently use Bare Minerals in a Light, and i thought it was going to make my skin look so much better by the day.

but nothing's changed. perhaps because it doesn't look too great with the dry, flakey skin that the Retina lotion caused me to have. ]:

oh, and i also have oil, acne-prone Asian skin. if that helps with choosing which brand.

I have acne prone Asian skin and I use Joppa. They worked fine for me. I tried EDM, it didn't give me the coverage I was looking for. I also didn't find the exact match I did in Joppa. Never tried Aubrey Nicole so I can't tell you anything about them.

aubrey only has a few colours..... EM has lots more, you might want to look at them and try their samples to see if they have a perfect one for you....

also, there's one mineral make up line that I saw has lots of colours for asian skin tones..... give me 1 minute and I'll update my reply with the website! ;)

found it!!!

ALIMA make up foundation colours

ah, i see.

yeah, i think i'm going to go with Joppa, because I've heard nothing but good reviews concerning their products.

what shade do you use? i'm thinking i should go with Medium #1, considering my skin is just about the same as the Asian girl in the before/after photo section.

Well out of these 3 foundations ive only tried EM. Im 1/2 asian, and i couldn't really find a colour match with EM. Though there multi-tasking concealer works great! i use this as my foundation mixed with a little fair neutral just to balance out the colour. Good luck

aww thank you, thank you, finallymejess!

but yeah, i heard EM was a little more cakey for people?

also, i read the review on Joppa where it said that it won't rub off.

it's sweatproof, waterproof, etc, apparently?

and that's what Bare Minerals did to me. sometimes when i put on a white shirt, my foundation would rub off. bah.

I must say I love both EM and Joppa. I have used Joppa for about a week now (don't want to make a full review until 2 weeks pass) but so far I really do love it. I adore EM aslo and prefer their brushes and blushes. Joppa does provide better coverage though and their powder feels great on my skin as well. If I nothing changes with my skin's reaction to Joppa and their customer service improves I will be a loyal cutomer of both companies. I'm so happy I found good mineral makeup.

Joppa is sweat, rub, and water proof. Some people even sleep in it, I'm not one of those people though.

I am mostly Asian (Cantonese Chinese) with a dash of Carrot Top Canadian mixed in. I have fair skin with both yellow and red undertone. I use medium #1 in Joppa and it was a perfect match. EDM has a lot of colors to choose from but I just never found one that fit exactly. Oh well. I do get other makeups (mostly eyeshadows) from them though.

i think i'll be ordering some samples from both EM and joppa then!

i just really don't want to choose the wrong shades.

it's already happened with my BM makeup and it was such a hassle to get exchanged, etc.

and this is going to be even more of a risk ordering online.

and my mom just HATES ordering stuff online for me. at least, most of the time.

could anyone pinpoint what shades i should be using for either brands?

well, i'm already assuming i should use medium#1 for joppa.

picture

the aubrey site has added tons of mineral makeup with many shades and colors. I know they only had a few of each when the coupon code first went up, but I saw a week or two ago that they've added plenty. EDM also has lots of shades and I really liked their coverage, though it is lighter than others.

Heather

i think i'll be ordering some samples from both EM and joppa then!

i just really don't want to choose the wrong shades.

it's already happened with my BM makeup and it was such a hassle to get exchanged, etc.

and this is going to be even more of a risk ordering online.

and my mom just HATES ordering stuff online for me. at least, most of the time.

could anyone pinpoint what shades i should be using for either brands?

well, i'm already assuming i should use medium#1 for joppa.

picture

oooh you're so pretty! I would say medium light or medium 1.

ive been trying to get into the joppa site for a few minutes now, and cant. cant anyone post a link?

http://www.joppaminerals.com

aubrey only has a few colours..... EM has lots more, you might want to look at them and try their samples to see if they have a perfect one for you....

also, there's one mineral make up line that I saw has lots of colours for asian skin tones..... give me 1 minute and I'll update my reply with the website! ;)

found it!!!

Woo *bookmarks* :dance:

ive been trying to get into the joppa site for a few minutes now, and cant. cant anyone post a link?

http://www.joppaminerals.com

found it!!!

Woo *bookmarks* :dance:

thanks. but, its the darnest thing. i cant get through. :think:

i suggest the foundation sampler from joppa if youre not positive of your shade. it comes with two foundations (one is soft coverage and one in full coverage) and a finishing silk. I think it's only $10 or so. This is what I started with and was really happy about it.

I have tried EverdayMinerals as well, but never achieved the results I wanted. Couldnt get adequate coverage without cakeyness. But others like EM so I guess it depends on your skin. Good luck!