Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Snakedudeman328

!!!!Good Question!!!!

I hear people say that Accutane " pushes all the bad stuff out". This meaning it pushes all the acne out on to your face i.e. the initial breakout. If this is so, how come some peoples bad stuff doesnt get pushed out??? Could this mean that it is stored up inside and waiting for its chance to come out since it didnt when it was supposed to? Could this be why people break out after Accutane???

I hear people say that Accutane " pushes all the bad stuff out". This meaning it pushes all the acne out on to your face i.e. the initial breakout. If this is so, how come some peoples bad stuff doesnt get pushed out??? Could this mean that it is stored up inside and waiting for its chance to come out since it didnt when it was supposed to? Could this be why people break out after Accutane???

accutane does more than just that. It pretty much gets you to the point of before you had acne. so when people break out again in the future, its them getting acne all over again just like they did the 1st time.

The reason is "everybody's different". People react differently, some have breakout, some don't. I've had it three times, all three were roughly equivalent to a "bad time" with my normal acne. All were gone within a couple of weeks, after which I was better (and stayed better) than I'd ever been.

Nobody understands why the initial breakout happens. It could be changing the inner structure of teh oil glands, shrinking them, pushing stuff out. It could be that when you start accutane you also quit the antibiotic or topical that you were on, therefore it quits working and you break out until the accutane kicks in. Could be both, or neither.

For ME, it looks and feels like the first thing happening - stuff being pushed out and causing more blackheads and more pimples. Then it's done.