Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Potatoes.

once you pop, you can't stop!

ffs what the hell is wrong with me! i can't stop touching/picking at my spots, i'm always looking in the mirror every morning, night, and throughout the day to see whether any new ones have appeared. My skin looks like crap, and i know all i'm doing is making it worse but i just can't stop! it's like an addiction or something. how the hell do you guys refrain from doing it?!. I'm constantly annoyed at myself. :wall:

ffs what the hell is wrong with me! i can't stop touching/picking at my spots, i'm always looking in the mirror every morning, night, and throughout the day to see whether any new ones have appeared. My skin looks like crap, and i know all i'm doing is making it worse but i just can't stop! it's like an addiction or something. how the hell do you guys refrain from doing it?!. I'm constantly annoyed at myself. :wall:

God... i just picked at my face tonight :wall: I sometimes lose my mind and start doing it like crazy. And im not picking at anything active but the pores that seem clogged :evil:

LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Great title!!!!!!!!!!! :clap: And I have no helpful advice - there's no help for you, you nut!

If my skin is really bad I tell my mum to have a go at me if im in the bathroom for a while, sometimes its as if i go into a picking trance, so this sometimes helps me stop n think

I will wear make up at home, so i can't see blackheads as easy

I have even put plasters on spots before to stop me picking at them.

I just have a bit more will power these days mianly because i realise picking is actually the route of 90% of my inflammatory acne.......I usualy will go through a bad week of picking and then be quite good for say 3

sometimes if i go to pick i will whack on a face mask instead and perhaps have a bath, then wash off the mask and go straight to bed

sometimes i think i will just pick that one spot......and then its like i cloud over and dont realise i might have been there for an hour!

I think a lot of people might do it....it's usually a sunday night, dunno why, think its because im home pretty early on a sun and usually my skin has had a lot more make up on over the weekend so feels a bit shit. It then looks like a mess and my family have a go at me because it has been looking good lately........I hate doing it so much.

find something else to pick?

pick your fingernails, toenails

just not your nose

:doh: bugger, too late ;)

NEUROTIC EXCORIATION

em...come again? :blink::lol:

find something else to pick?

pick your fingernails, toenails

just not your nose

:doh: bugger, too late ;)

NEUROTIC EXCORIATION

em...come again? :blink::lol:

Look it up. Its Sort of like obsesive compolsive i think

Sounds like how I used to be. I'd go into the bathroom and come out about 2 hours later with a hacked up face :ninja: I don't know how I managed to stop really, like someone else said, I've actually put plasters over my face too to stop me from starting to touch when I'm sitting watching tv or something. Unfortunately that only really works when you're home alone otherwise people start to think you're a bit of a nutjob. Heh. If you can, put on moisturiser or something as soon as you think about going to the mirror to pick, anything to occupy yourself, and when you start to lift up your hands to touch your face you have to really stop and think to yourself 'NO I WILL NOT DO THIS'. :mad:Eventually I started to listen to myself and it becomes less of an urge the more you resist. Try to make it through just one day, and then set yourself little goals like 2 days, a week without touching. My only problem now is that I tend to scratch at my face when I'm not really thinking about it, like when I'm on the computer I'll find my hands up on my face and it's pretty bad especially as I'm on accutane and all I need now is to heal things up but I'm stopping it from happening. And it's not like I can just keep away from mirrors because all I need are my nails and about a minute and boom I've wrecked my face again. It's a really really horrible addiction. Good luck in fighting it!

Good title by the way :lol:

i adore popping zits. to me it is the best feeling, so rewarding. i love it when you get a nice squirt on the mirror.. mmm. i never use to scar until about a year ago.

if you must pop, i suggest getting a hot washcloth and using that to steam out the area, then squeeze using two q-tips so you dont get any finger germs in the area.

Nothing wrong with picking Whiteheads....its so rewarding i agree.But its when you start picking and diggin deep.That aint right

avoid the temptation mr!!!!! lol!

if u feel like u gota pick tho....mayB wear some gloves or somethin so it doesnt harm your skin too much (i duno lol....probably stupid advice) hehe!

:comfort:...my skin looks crap too right now, i feel your pain!