Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Dan

We changed to dankernsregimen.com for products

Our products are now sold under the name: "Dan Kern's Regimen". I recently learned that "Clearskin" is a registered trademark of Avon Products, Inc.

So, we changed the website name to dankernsregimen.com but that seems a little long to me, plus there's the chance that people might type in dankern'sregimen.com with an apostrophe and get an error message. So, I thought maybe we should just shorten it to DKregimen.com. What do you guys think?

hmmmm, it isn't any longer than clearskinregimen.com was. But I do see your point about the apostrophe. Joel and I were just talking about that too. Maybe DKR.com? Short, sweet, to the point. or DKregimen.com, whatever you think is best.

hmmmm, it isn't any longer than clearskinregimen.com was. But I do see your point about the apostrophe. Joel and I were just talking about that too. Maybe DKR.com? Short, sweet, to the point.

dkr.com is a gaming site of some kind....

I think I read somewhere that every single possible combo of 4 letters is taken for .com

If you go with DK, people might confuse it with Donna Karan, as in DKNY. This is weird getting used to the Dan Kern thing :D

i agree with royalred. that was what i initially thought of too.

my other initial reaction was that for savvy consumers, anything with a proper name in it tends to sound markety... sketchy. and for a product that already has initial credibility issues (sort of inevitable for any new product found online), that's a risk.

Let's just scrap this whole conversation and go with "DANzoyl Per-ROCKS-ide". You smell what I'm cookin' here? Check the hidden message. :cool2: No no, don't thank me...it's the least I can do.

Let's just scrap this whole conversation and go with "DANzoyl Per-ROCKS-ide". You smell what I'm cookin' here? Check the hidden message. :cool2: No no, don't thank me...it's the least I can do.

:lol:

That's actually a really witty name, and if my name was Dan and I had my own skin care line, and a totally rad website.... I would mo def use that.

:lol:

That's actually a really witty name, and if my name was Dan and I had my own skin care line, and a totally rad website.... I would mo def use that.

hahahahaha! smart girl! :lol:

Naming it after yourself with the possessive (Dan Kern's Regimen) seems a little too "homey" - what about just doing Kern? Like "The Kern Regimen".

Or Kern Skincare, etc. Then that leaves you open for expansion into products beyond the regimen.

"The Kern Skincare System" - I like that for the regimen itself, sounds professional!

Naming it after yourself with the possessive (Dan Kern's Regimen) seems a little too "homey" - what about just doing Kern? Like "The Kern Regimen".

Or Kern Skincare, etc. Then that leaves you open for expansion into products beyond the regimen.

"The Kern Skincare System" - I like that for the regimen itself, sounds professional!

I like those ideas! or even The "Kern Skincare Regimen"

that sounds good! :)

so, it'd be KSR as opposed to CSR. not that big a leap, so not too confusing.

that sounds good! :)

so, it'd be KSR as opposed to CSR. not that big a leap, so not too confusing.

That makes me think it's the Klear Skin Regimen... for illiterate people or something. :confused::D

All of the sudden I feel like "Dan Kern's Regimen" is too much. Thanks. Yeah, I think I should change it to DKregimen.com probably. Any other suggestions, I'm all ears.

No. Those just sound like any other company's. The current one is unique, because it's his name, his regimen. The product line's name states what it is:

Dan Kern's Regimen

Keep it.

I am unsure which URL to use though. As someone else already stated, maybe you should register both URL's and have them redirect to just one of them.

Personally, if I were running a business, it would take me forever to pick a company name, URL and all that... I have the characteristics of an OCD individual and I would just obsess over finding the right name. I would even try to find fault possible good ones I chose.

Oh, look, I'm rambling on about nothing. Sorry.

Anyways, "Dan Kern's Regimen" is a good name for the product line. I don't know to what level your business is at, but maybe "Dan Kern" could be the name of your whole enterprise?

Dankern.com would be good but it looks like it's taken...

Why am I still typing? Okay, I need to stop. I usually don't get this involved with anything, because I have social issues (I won't get into that), but wow, I'm really just typing on and on.

I'm done. Thanks for reading. Wow okay. I sound like a complete fool. Should I actually submit this? Whatever, no one knows me in real life, who cares!!!

I can't think of a single website with an apostrophe, fyi. Dankernsregimen.com is long, but it's not difficult to type. I like DKRegimen.com too. Just make sure you keep "regimen" in the title. Everyone associates your product line with that word. If you're still working on a name for the new product line, I like Dan Kern's Regimen or Kern's Skincare Regimen.

in another thread someone mentioned "The Dan Kern Regimen".

this eliminates the apostrophe, and just sounds better having "the" in front of it. imo.