Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
oNe2MaNyPiMpOs

how long will accutane take to leave ur system completely?

ive been taking the tane for 2 weeks at 40mg a day. i want to stop due to horrible dry skin and the breakout. my acne is moderate. i was prescribed to take MINOCYCLINE now. so how long should i wait until i pop my first antibiotic pill? when will the tane leave my system.

about 9 days since your last dose. you can wait a while longer if you want just to be safe. they say to wait 1 month before pregnancy to be cautious, one month is plenty of time to start mino.

what moisturizer are you using. they breakouts should stop soon and with a good moisturizer you should be fine. it's up to you though. i don't really know how bad the side effects are for you.

I was in exactly the same situation as you. The doctor told me to wait 4 weeks and I wasnt pregnant (Hope not anyway..Im a guy!). I took it 3 weeks after instead and Im fine. Wouldnt take it too soon though

If you only took it 2 weeks it should leave quickly. But hey just hang in there and get rid of acne once and for all!!!! Dry skin is treatable just use loads of moisterizor, and so what you get a bad breakout it'l get better.

yes my lips are still horribly cracked and dry and peeling. umm i use cetaphil moisturizer. my skin is pretty dry still but not as much as a few days ago. its been almost a week since i popped my last tane pill. cant wait to start mino as i heard ANTIBIOTICS work better after a course of accutane.

forgot to tell u i took a course of accutane for 5 months last yr.