Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Im 22, I've had acne for about 5 years now, its probably the worst it's ever been, specifically on my back. I've tried dermatoligist awhile back but for the past 2 years I've been using proactive. It helped my face a bit, I still get a few popping up every week but nothing REALLY bad, but it really hasn't done anything for my back. My back is terrible, its awful, I won't let anyone ever see me without a shirt on. Im becomming more and more depressed lately, especially thinking about even if theres something that can prevent it, all the scarring. The scarring is bad. It's gotten to the point where I really don't go out at all besides movies with close friends. I don't talk about it with anyone, my friends just think im anti-social now. I don't think my self-esteem could be any lower, I feel like I will never meet a girl who could look past the skin so I don't even try.

:boohoo:

This wasn't meant to be a feel-bad-for-me rant but I just had to get some of that out there. Obviously there are people out there who feel the same way I do, and who are even worse off, it just feels like everywhere you look you see people with perfect skin. "Why me" has been imprinted into my brain I've though about it so many times. I think one of my biggest problems is that I feel like I cant even _talk_ about it to anyone, they just wouldn't understand. Anyway, im really hoping that joining this community will change some of that, and that even if I can't find a way to have clear skin that I can somehow accept myself for who I am and just be happy. I don't even know if this post made sense so it's safe to say </rant>

Im 22, I've had acne for about 5 years now, its probably the worst it's ever been, specifically on my back. I've tried dermatoligist awhile back but for the past 2 years I've been using proactive. It helped my face a bit, I still get a few popping up every week but nothing REALLY bad, but it really hasn't done anything for my back. My back is terrible, its awful, I won't let anyone ever see me without a shirt on. Im becomming more and more depressed lately, especially thinking about even if theres something that can prevent it, all the scarring. The scarring is bad. It's gotten to the point where I really don't go out at all besides movies with close friends. I don't talk about it with anyone, my friends just think im anti-social now. I don't think my self-esteem could be any lower, I feel like I will never meet a girl who could look past the skin so I don't even try.

:boohoo:

This wasn't meant to be a feel-bad-for-me rant but I just had to get some of that out there. Obviously there are people out there who feel the same way I do, and who are even worse off, it just feels like everywhere you look you see people with perfect skin. "Why me" has been imprinted into my brain I've though about it so many times. I think one of my biggest problems is that I feel like I cant even _talk_ about it to anyone, they just wouldn't understand. Anyway, im really hoping that joining this community will change some of that, and that even if I can't find a way to have clear skin that I can somehow accept myself for who I am and just be happy. I don't even know if this post made sense so it's safe to say </rant>

body acne restricts the way i dress. i cant even wear sleeveless bec it would show some of my small bumps & hyperpigmented spots. ive always avoided goin to the beach with my friends.

ive also gotten more scars when i did the tane so ive been spending more hours searching the web for treatments. i can even describe the physical feeling my desperation causes me during those hours and sleepless nights. but finding a few seemingly promising treatments gives me more hope and peace.

i also know what u mean about feeling like you'll never meet someone who could look past the skin. in my entire life, ive only allowed myself to have crushes and just take the pain of suppressing those desires and fantasies. many times i condition myself to not be attracted to any guy to avoid feeling frustrated in the end. but soon i realized i was being unfair with myself bec i couldnt accept myself either so yeah...ive acknowledged the fact that i needed to restore my self-respect, esteem and worth. somehow im glad that ive become aware of all this.

btw, welcome aboard, es14! :D