Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
so damn unpretty

Every single makeup brand

I try changes colour within an hour of the application i'm assuming because of the oil on my skin? :( I don't want to wear makeup if it's going to make me look "orange". Is there any way to help this?

Have you tried colorstay? It's ultra-matte and works well for oly skin and should be one of the ones that wouldn't change color. Their colors are also neutral, not pnk-y so that would help as well.

Also-have you tred a powder foundaton? I beleive they are less likely to change color because the powder helps soak up all the oil. Covergirl actually makes a good powder foundation, but choose your color wisely-some of them can be off.

Have you tried colorstay? It's ultra-matte and works well for oly skin and should be one of the ones that wouldn't change color. Their colors are also neutral, not pnk-y so that would help as well.

Also-have you tred a powder foundaton? I beleive they are less likely to change color because the powder helps soak up all the oil. Covergirl actually makes a good powder foundation, but choose your color wisely-some of them can be off.

yeah i've tried colourstay, it still changes. but only when i use moisturizer

if i don't moisturize it stays the same colour

I've read that an orange color may mean your using the wrong shade for your TONE... as in, you're a neutral or a cool and using a warm tone.

You could be right klvoe...i use loreal tru match foundo, and it works ok...i find that if i use a wrong colour in mineral makeup.. oh IT definitely turns into an orange colour EEk

My skin is oily too and it sucks , but i've been using Almay make up for about a month now and i dont get this orangy look on my cheeks like i used to when i used BE foundation powder.

Keep in hand the blue sheets that absorve the oil from your skin all day , those help alot and it wont wipe out the make up , try to press on your skin instead of wiping it on.

yeah i've tried colourstay, it still changes. but only when i use moisturizer

if i don't moisturize it stays the same colour

Do you let the moisturizer soak in first [this should only take about five minutes tops] before applying the foundation?

xmistakex .. I have very very oily skin, but I use colorstay. Do you by any chance set your foundation with a powder at all? I found that when I set my foundation with a loose powder (I prefer physician's formula mineral wear loose powder).. that my makeup won't change color and it will look nice and last even longer throughout the day ;)