Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
propassiv

My unfortunate experience with Proactiv Solution

I know that many of the members on this board are considering Proactiv Solution or have already experienced the adverse side effects it may cause. So, I want to share my unfortunate experience with you, so that you can re-evaluate your decision on investing on Proactiv Solution. Before you flag this post as spam, please read it in its entirety. I am NOT selling or advertising any product. I am simply sharing with you my experience with Proactiv Solution so that what happened to me does NOT happen to you.

In a nutshell, I used Proactiv Solution to try and get rid of the few pimples that I had. Instead, my face broke out severely. Supposedly, according to the Proactiv reps, I had an allergic reaction and that I was only experiencing the "normal break out period." They reassured me that my face will get better if I were to continue to use the product for several months. In fact, they even sold me additional products, which only worsened my condition. I had to undergo Accutane to get rid of the cystic acne that Proactiv caused; however, I have been left with scars and redish/brownish marks on my face.

For more visuals, you can check out my before and after pictures on my personal website at http://www.propassiv.com . If you care to read my entire experience, the full article is on my website. Again, I am not selling anything on my website nor am I advertising another's product; so please do not flag this thread as spam. The website is simply to show you visuals of how Proactiv Solution ruinned my face. I have invested my personal time and funds because I don't want it to happen to anyone else. I'm even taking the time to go on forums to let others know about my unfortunate experience. If you know someone who is considering Proactiv, please inform them of what has happened to me; so that perhaps, they will re-evaluate their decision and avoid a lifetime of pain and embarrassment.

post-50008-1163439686_thumb.jpg

post-50008-1163439696_thumb.jpg

post-50008-1163439686_thumb.jpg

post-50008-1163439696_thumb.jpg

don't worry, you are welcome here..... the people on this site know all too well the damaged caused by proactiv. We also know the lies and misinformation given out by that company about their product.

most of us know the product is overpriced CRAP. ;)

aaah yeeees!!

proactiv didnt do squat for me other than spend my money. oh wait, it did burn my skin pretty badly, give me fine lines all over my eyes (and i was 17!!) and dry it out. :mad:

it didn't really work for me, but no BP has, maybe a little. it didn't make my skin worse though. my brother and cousins use proactiv and it works for them.

Guest max_powers585

yea proactiv sucks atleast for me it did i remember i took it adn it was horrible it not only did not help but it made me look like a tomatoe horrible experience..

Welcome to the boards, propassiv!

What unforntunate news to hear!!! DEVASTATING. Sorry this has happened to you. those inferior skincare companies, makes me really angry! All they care about is money. AND MORE MONEY. and making money!! GRR. they dont care about us! had a look at your site. Great site. Did you create it? Well i hope everything sorts out, and im sure people will be more aware with this skincare product. I know that this product will help some people, though the damage it has caused you is just terrible!! Better be safe than sorry

Take care...

Guest been13years

That totally sucks. A lot of peeps here know about the fallout from Proactiv; every time I used it (3 times over 8 years...) it would work for two weeks then turn my skin into oily, shiny, cystic sandpaper. I wonder why so many people have had bad luck...maybe it's just too irritating for easily inflamed skin. I definitely know that the dimethicone in the repairing lotion broke me out.

thanx. i designed and created it with the help of two graphic designers and two editors.

what upsets me is that prospective customers fall into the trap of celebrity endorsers - just because a celebrity endorses a product doesn't mean that it works. and what upsets me most is the fact that the representatives told me to continue to use the product despite the injuries i reported. the site is slowly, but surely, getting noticed. my intentions of my site is to have prospective customers re-evaluate their decision in investing in Proactiv Solution. you can help by emailing your friends/buddy lists about my website of my unfortunate experience.

my suggestion to anyone with acne problems is to see a good dermatologist. to find a good one, it's best to start with referrals from friends, family members, or other types of doctors like dentist or your primary physician. you can also see how busy and how booked the dermatologist is. the busier they are, the more likely that they are experienced. for my dermatologist, i was actually referred by my dentist, i tried to make an appointment, and they were book for the next several months. i complained that i was desperate and they pushed me in. as a result, my dermatologist ended up being the best dermatologist i've had. he took care of me all the way through my Accutane treatment to date.

Welcome to the boards, propassiv!

What unforntunate news to hear!!! DEVASTATING. Sorry this has happened to you. those inferior skincare companies, makes me really angry! All they care about is money. AND MORE MONEY. and making money!! GRR. they dont care about us! had a look at your site. Great site. Did you create it? Well i hope everything sorts out, and im sure people will be more aware with this skincare product. I know that this product will help some people, though the damage it has caused you is just terrible!! Better be safe than sorry

Take care...

it's no doubt that i had an allergic reaction to to bp; so that's why they sent me what they call the Gentle Formula. it only worsened my condition. but that's besides the point...the point is that they advised me to continue to use the product even after the severe outbreaks i told them about.

accutane worked wonders. i was on it for 4 months and my acne went away. however, i have been left with pit scarring and reddish/brownish marks. i experienced a lot of dryness - mainly on my lips and my eyes. and sometimes throughout my body. otherwise, my body responded well to it.

how was accutane? are you all clear now?

i think you probably had an allergy to bp.

Stupid proactiv. :( I'm glad I never decided to get that, although I was so close to buying it once.

I love the site. I'm sure it will be very useful and helpful to people who are considering buying that product. :)

proactiv made me worse too.. luckily for me i was cruising the net for cheaper solutions and came upon this website. i sent it back and cleared up nice on dan's BP

I hate Proactiv. I think its the reason I have cystic acne. Ever since I stopped using it my skin has got somewhat better. Proactiv was SHIT.

The only proactiv product I am using is the Refining Mask.. I think it works wonders.

And I really don't like the "Omg but Jessica simpson uses it so it HAS to work" comments I have been getting from ignorant people. I just want to slap them in the face.

for those of you who don't already know...jessica simpson has admitted on national television E! TV and in an interview with Jane Magazine that she used Accutane to clear her face before she endorsed Proactiv Solution. Check out just one of the articles written by an experienced dermatologist at:

http://skinema.blogs.com/skinema_dermatolo..._simpson_1.html

I hate Proactiv. I think its the reason I have cystic acne. Ever since I stopped using it my skin has got somewhat better. Proactiv was SHIT.

The only proactiv product I am using is the Refining Mask.. I think it works wonders.

And I really don't like the "Omg but Jessica simpson uses it so it HAS to work" comments I have been getting from ignorant people. I just want to slap them in the face.

That was REALLY wrong of the company to encourage you to keep using it despite an obvious negative reaction to the product....Proactiv did not affect me that way but is waaay overrated & waaaay overpriced.

Hey hun sorry to hear about your story i cant believe that proactive is such a scam it makes me so mad to think of the people with there storys on that commercial. there just a bunch of liers grr i would suggest a myspace if you dont already have one those areall the rage now and people add people like crazy i know we all would.

Actually what probably occured was that resistant strand of Bacteria found ways to overcome the Benzoil peroxide. That is what caused your grief. You start using more of a coctail and develop more compounds to fight Bacteria and also control oil, You skin will Begin to look much better. Please read my first Post about my life cure in Acne.

Guest blackheadben

Worked okay for me for a few yrs and then it suddenly started FRYING my face. Literally frying it. It was medium well done and should've been served with a nice white wine it was so cooked. Crap.

oh you already know i have a myspace page LOL...post a bulletin to let your friends know about propassiv.com ...you can find me at www.myspace.com/o0ochr1so0o

Hey hun sorry to hear about your story i cant believe that proactive is such a scam it makes me so mad to think of the people with there storys on that commercial. there just a bunch of liers grr i would suggest a myspace if you dont already have one those areall the rage now and people add people like crazy i know we all would.

Squid, the reason i have scars on my face today and the reason i suffered with cystic acne, short term anguish and depression is that i listened to the proactiv reps on what "probably occurred" and that i should use additional proactiv products. what they said was that i probably suffered an alergic reaction, that i was only experiencing the normal break out period. listening to these unlicensed medical reps and what they thought caused the reaction i got from using proactiv is the reason why i would never ever use proactiv products again on my face! As i stated before, the best advice i can give anyone is to see a professional dermatologist. they will guide you in what is the best treatment for your skin type.

Actually what probably occured was that resistant strand of Bacteria found ways to overcome the Benzoil peroxide. That is what caused your grief. You start using more of a coctail and develop more compounds to fight Bacteria and also control oil, You skin will Begin to look much better. Please read my first Post about my life cure in Acne.

Squidi141, your a PROACTIV rep for sure...its so obvious.

What-ever man Lol. I don't think Pro-Activ knows what they know what they are doing with Benzoil Peroxide as their main weapon against bacteria. Not a smart thing to do. I don't agree with Pro active's way of treating acne. They should promote a more multi-dimensional fight that will not only address the oil but to address the Bacteria that is very tough to fight.

Squid, the reason i have scars on my face today and the reason i suffered with cystic acne, short term anguish and depression is that i listened to the proactiv reps on what "probably occurred" and that i should use additional proactiv products. what they said was that i probably suffered an alergic reaction, that i was only experiencing the normal break out period. listening to these unlicensed medical reps and what they thought caused the reaction i got from using proactiv is the reason why i would never ever use proactiv products again on my face! As i stated before, the best advice i can give anyone is to see a professional dermatologist. they will guide you in what is the best treatment for your skin type.

I agree. I go to a Dermatologist and take an Anti-biotic for my skin. It aids in my fight against the bacteria

as well i take the refining mask which also as many bacteria fighting ingredients.

I don't know what caused your allergic reaction, however what caused me to get off of Pro-active was the same reason you got the allergic reaction from the medication. I saw the pics and I had the same exact type of acne. It was frustrating. but now I know why it happened. Because Pro-Activ uses only one ingredient to fight bacteria which is Benzoil peroxide and it is proven time and time again that bacteria is proven to be resistant to one or even two chemicals applications. Once you start applying three fighting ingredients the bacteria has a much tougher time reproducing developing a counter resistance to the onslaught.

My suggestion to you is to apply this approach and use the treatments that best work for you. If the ProActive doesn't work for you , fine. Pro-Activ aren't that smart about acne anyway. however dermatalogist may lead you in the right direction. And hopefully, some people here can. I'm here to help other people because It had a traumatic effect in my life, in school , in relationships. Everything. I don't want other people to suffer through the same thing.

Best Regards

Keith.