Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
dog20

i need a gentle cleanser

i'm getting a peel done so i must stop using my glycolic cleanser. umm i'm supposed to use a gentle cleanser such as Toleriane sensitive skin cleanser or Toleriane bar. ( http://www.dermstore.com/product_Toleriane...ng+Bar_2678.htm ) umm where can I buy this at the store? or what is another good type of cleanser that won't make my skin feel dry and tight?

Hey there - I actually use this line of prods, and used the Toleraine after my peels too. But the facility gave me samples of the Toleraine so I wouldn't have to buy it just for 3 days worth of use. Anyway, here's a link to a retail store locator. http://www.laroche-posay.us/directory.html

Where do you live? As you can see from the site, they mainly sell them in states like FL and CA. I can't recommend an alternative cleanser, but maybe someone else can come along and do that :D

Try the Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser. It's amazing...cleans, softens, and doesn't irritate at all. I've been using it while on my Accutane course, and it's been working wonders for my dry/sensitive skin. It's also pretty inexpensive, and you can buy it just about anywhere. Trust me :)

thanks you two. i live in FL but i dont want to drive to a derm. to buy the soap, thats embarassing :P. umm i used cetaphil before, i dont remember having a problem but my face felt a little dry. maybe they will give me the soap at the office. do you all know if Dove soap is any good?

i know they make good chocolate.

Purpose cleanser is really good. It's just as gentle as Cetaphil but it actually lathers really good. It's basically the same thing that goes into baby washes which makes it really gentle. Dove soap is loaded with lotions and oils that might clog your pores, so I would stay away from the bar soap from them; but Dove makes a really good Sensitive Skin Cleanser which you might like. Hope I could help :dance:

Purpose cleanser is really good. It's just as gentle as Cetaphil but it actually lathers really good. It's basically the same thing that goes into baby washes which makes it really gentle. Dove soap is loaded with lotions and oils that might clog your pores, so I would stay away from the bar soap from them; but Dove makes a really good Sensitive Skin Cleanser which you might like. Hope I could help :dance:

sorry, but i totally disagree. i have super-sensitive skin right now, due to past use of BP, and Purpose has been murder on it. Purpose contains Sodium Laureth Sulfate -- essentially a detergent -- which is what causes it to lather. it will dry you out. true, it contains the same ingredients as baby washes -- but all that stuff is marketing. just because it is touted as being "gentle enough for babies," doesn't necessarily mean it's gentle at all. those are still chemicals. there are simply fewer than in most cleansers. i wouldn't use any of the mainstream products out there on a baby's delicate skin, especially if the baby had eczema or dryness or rashes, etc.

Purpose is not comparable to Cetaphil. i personally don't even like Cetaphil, just because it never seems to rinse fully clean... but i can tell you it is not in the same ballpark as Purpose. totally different products and consistencies. Cetaphil might not dry you out though; it is known for being exceptionally gentle (and barely lathers, if at all, which is a good sign in the Gentleness department :)).

Dove will almost certainly dry you out. i recently used it for about 2 weeks, and that's what it did to me. ironically, the regular one is loaded with fragrance, and the "sensitive" one, with masking fragrance plus oils. both contain lathering agents, like the Purpose.

neutrogena fresh foaming cleanser.

its the BEST ive used, makes my faces clean, soft, glowy, and its very gentle. its funny, cause it actually has a lot less ingredients than neutrogena's gentle cleanser.

If you're looking for a gentle soap that won't dry your skin out and won't break you out, I like Kiss My Face Olive & Green Tea soap. :wub: 5 ingredients, no harsh detergents or chemicals.

I don't like Cetaphil-it contains alcohol, SLS, and Parabens, none of which are gentle or good for skin.

sorry, but i totally disagree. i have super-sensitive skin right now, due to past use of BP, and Purpose has been murder on it. Purpose contains Sodium Laureth Sulfate -- essentially a detergent -- which is what causes it to lather. it will dry you out. true, it contains the same ingredients as baby washes -- but all that stuff is marketing. just because it is touted as being "gentle enough for babies," doesn't necessarily mean it's gentle at all. those are still chemicals. there are simply fewer than in most cleansers. i wouldn't use any of the mainstream products out there on a baby's delicate skin, especially if the baby had eczema or dryness or rashes, etc.

Purpose is not comparable to Cetaphil. i personally don't even like Cetaphil, just because it never seems to rinse fully clean... but i can tell you it is not in the same ballpark as Purpose. totally different products and consistencies. Cetaphil might not dry you out though; it is known for being exceptionally gentle (and barely lathers, if at all, which is a good sign in the Gentleness department :)).

Dove will almost certainly dry you out. i recently used it for about 2 weeks, and that's what it did to me. ironically, the regular one is loaded with fragrance, and the "sensitive" one, with masking fragrance plus oils. both contain lathering agents, like the Purpose.

Umm...sodium lareth sulfate is in Cetaphil too.

Edit:im wrong. Cetaphil has sodium lauryl sulfate which is basically the same thing but stronger.

Just because it dried you out doesn't mean it will dry everyone out. If you cant use even Cetaphil, what else is left for you to use? Lol...I dont know. :(