Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

they can't lie. All they show is what is there

but my dad says when I look in a mirror my mind lies

it doesn't make any sense to me? :think: Because I'm still seeing what is there

any opinions? =P

lighting and stuff. and apparently mirrors dont show the true perspective of your face because of refraction and the way your eyes convert it and shite. lol im not that good with biology so i hope you get wot im blabbering on about!

there was this company selling a mirror that shows your 'real' reflection. i saw it around the net somewhere. the way its angled (its like three mirrors angled against eachother). and apparently a few people who looked into it didnt even recognise themselves for a few seconds.

lemee see :think:

Mirrors are extremely annoying. One mirror can give a completely different picture to another depending on lighting. The worst for me is the mirror in cars, for some reason the are unflattering. Also nightclub/pub toilets are very bad with the combination of darkness and light meaning that you can see the various imperfections on your face, whilst observing others who have great skin. This has ruined many an evening for myself.

FOUND IT!

http://www.truemirror.com/Moredata.asp

that took forever to find! thing is, how horrible would it be if you looked in it and realised you were even uglier than you thought in the first place? that mirror would cause so many suicides lol :shifty:

That mirror could be evil :evil:

Yeah majority of the time its lighting, but you do have that aspect ^^

Like to see my reflection in one. Probs scare myself though :(

oh mirrors are lovely, almost as great as crap photos LOL. How often do we focus on the size of our nose, or bad hair, or .....

BUT we do see ourselves differently to others as we are our own worse critics. Most of us will obsess over every imperfection on our face, we know our faces so well and every pimple/red mark is exaggerated in our MINDS EYE. This isn't what other people see as their brains do not process the imperfections as the first thing they see, unlike ours. Indeed they will "see it" but they don't focus on it, that is the difference.

How often to people get as close to your face, in unflattering light as we do in our bathrooms etc?? Others see us as a whole person, and not just a face unlike us. Unfortunately, because we are so concerned about our own faces we also seek others' faces, to look for their imperfections or not, so we are convinced everyone else does the same - fortunately most don't. :clap:

any opinions? =P

o my foooking gawd lol.......i get so confised with mirrors.

When i actuyally bring myself to lookinto a mirror in natural sunlight, i see every single scar/red mark. Its horrible. And then i go complaining to my mum about how bad my skin looks and she says somethin like "laura, u cant see anything on your skin...its covered perfectly". I dont understand how i see every single flaw, and according to some people, they cant see anythin!

Its weird...but i guess it has a lot to do with the various different lightings and stuff. lol! And i read once, that how we see ourselves in the mirror is very different to how other people see us! :think::angel:

But yeah...i hate mirrors...my only true enemy!

any opinions? =P

o my foooking gawd lol.......i get so confised with mirrors.

When i actuyally bring myself to lookinto a mirror in natural sunlight, i see every single scar/red mark. Its horrible. And then i go complaining to my mum about how bad my skin looks and she says somethin like "laura, u cant see anything on your skin...its covered perfectly". I dont understand how i see every single flaw, and according to some people, they cant see anythin!

Its weird...but i guess it has a lot to do with the various different lightings and stuff. lol! And i read once, that how we see ourselves in the mirror is very different to how other people see us! :think::angel:

But yeah...i hate mirrors...my only true enemy!

mirrors and acne v.s me and my skin

i WILL win! :lol:

Your face looks quite different if you look into one mirror that is reflecting another if you know what I mean. It seems like your mind adjusts to your usual image so when you look in one in this way your nose etc looks a bit different. It's like when I look at my sis her face looks perfectly symmetrical but if I see her reflection in the mirror I realise it's not. Apparently our minds make faces more symmetrical than they really are?

Oh just read that true mirror thing, if you fiddle with my mums wardrobe mirrors you can see yourself not backwards......you do look different

Eeergh, mirrors confuse me as well. In one room of our house there's 3 different mirrors, all in the same lighting... but I look in one, doesn't seem too bad. Look in the other, :sick: and the last one I make sure never to look at because it distorts you so much you look like a complete different person to who you thought you were. Crazy. I only used to look in the 'good' mirrors in our house, because I was too frightened to see what I actually looked like. Then I started looking at the other mirrors and it's a bit of a shock seeing what I believe is more of the true representation of what I look like. How dumb is that? Not even knowing what I looked like for years. All those times I thought I looked okay were all lies because the mirror was just showing me an image that blurred out everything. It sounds silly but the whole mirror thing really gets to me so much because I can kid myself into thinking I don't look so bad when deep down I know that if I were to take one look at a decent mirror I'd see my true fugly self. I just want to be able to see my reflection in normal lighting and not want to hack my face off :confused:

And like Laura said, it's true about a mirror reflecting another mirror, my mum has one of those big 3-in-1 mirror things and when I looked in it you can see yourself from all the different angles. Fucking weird, was like I was looking at somebody else! :think: Die mirrors.

Yea but you can't look at yourself properly, you can see your face how others do but your eyes are looking to the side. You do look different but not like another person!

The worst mirror I have ever come accross is the one in my office elevator. Every day I get in and staring back at me is every single scar and bump on my face. Looking worse than ever.

Mirrors don't lie, but what you see is not others see. That's because you notice what you don't like on yourself much more than other people do on you, simply because they are not you, and don't care... Maybe they do notice red marks and pimples but they won't have a second thought about it, while all you can think about is that your skin is horrible to you...

mirrors are a bitch, especially them ones that are like a standard mirror one side then you turn it over and its like magnified 10 times larger lol. i do try my best not to look at that side though. :doh:

Yeah I went to the mall one time... and they had 5 mirrors.. at different angles (like right next to eachother in half a circle) and you could see every angle of you >_<;; Oh mah gawsh mah nose ~! LOL (It was the first thing I said)

Yeah I went to the mall one time... and they had 5 mirrors.. at different angles (like right next to eachother in half a circle) and you could see every angle of you >_<;; Oh mah gawsh mah nose ~! LOL (It was the first thing I said)

I h8 the mirrors in the mall :ninja:

u cant see ur charm and unique characteristics in a mirror cant see ur good heart and ur kindness sure as hell dosent show everything thats there

Yea some changing rooms you can see it.......my mums wardrobe you can pull 2 doors to the side of you so you have 1 mirror infront and 2 to the side......you can then clearly see your true image, athough your eyes arent looking directly ahead. It's quite interesting really. I'm quite used to this image though. Checked my profile in mirrors before like this.

Yeah I went in the changing rooms once, and they were like hexagonal shapes with mirrors on every wall so that wherever you looked you saw yourself from every angle. It was horrible! I think I like got my clothes off with my eyes shut. I don't really mind my profile, but from straight on I can't stand it. Mirrors can be my best friend or my worst enemy

Mirrors will be the death of me. :doubt: Ironically, I go crazy if I cannot check what I look like in them every ten seconds. (I am exaggerating with the time, but you know what I mean).

And that "true mirror" thing...oh my god, if I ever looked in one of those, I would probably never leave my house again. :ninja: