Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Lalason

My latest cyst

I now have a hole on my nose, about 8 mm wide. I currently have excema ointment on it under a band aid to try and help it heal.

It was scabbing up nicely but about half our ago I felt pressure and went to the bathroom, the scab had lifted at one side and pus was oozing out. I applied the teeniest pressure, not even a squeeze, and loads came out. I can still see a white bit at the bottom though and was scared that i would make an even bigger mess, so i left it.

Now I am back at the same stage as I was at on Saturday. A big gaping hole on the tip of my nose. Isn't life just great? I am off work today and I think I will be tomorrow too, unless I get an overnight miracle.

I could cry....... :cry:

PS Do you think I should quit my antibiotics until it has gone?

I now have a hole on my nose, about 8 mm wide. I currently have excema ointment on it under a band aid to try and help it heal.

It was scabbing up nicely but about half our ago I felt pressure and went to the bathroom, the scab had lifted at one side and pus was oozing out. I applied the teeniest pressure, not even a squeeze, and loads came out. I can still see a white bit at the bottom though and was scared that i would make an even bigger mess, so i left it.

Now I am back at the same stage as I was at on Saturday. A big gaping hole on the tip of my nose. Isn't life just great? I am off work today and I think I will be tomorrow too, unless I get an overnight miracle.

I'm no expert but wouldn't antibiotics only help... that hole could get infected and antibiotics could fight the infection right? On a more personal note though I have had a situation like this as well and I stayed on my antibiotics and it did visit the same stage several times until it had drained fully and then healed. It left a wonderful scar though! It will heal but if it doesn't it's time for a doctor... wish I could be more help.

I'd stay on them. They should help it heal faster.

I just thought that the antibitotics would keep on fighting the infection and prolong it, when i just want it to dry up and go away. A mad idea, I know :pray:

I just thought that the antibitotics would keep on fighting the infection and prolong it, when i just want it to dry up and go away. A mad idea, I know :pray:

It's okay... we all tend to have mad ideas when we're desperate; believe me, I've been there!