Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
dieevilman

Haven't looked in the mirror in 2 years

I'm 9 days away from finishing my accutane course and I still haven't looked in the mirror the entire time.. there came a point years ago where I just stopped. I felt like it was the only way I could keep myself sane any longer.

Sigh, I still don't know if this was enough, I guess we'll have to wait and see.

i wish i had that much self control, but i gotta look in the mirror every 10 minutes to make myself more miserable lol. sux

so you dont know what you look like? i mean how good your skin is? im confused surely you cant go that long without seeing yourself in a reflection :think:

Looking in the mirror isn't a bad thing. I had a difficult time a few months back, before I started my Accutane course where I experienced something that really scarred me, and made me feel worse about myself. I didn't want to look in the mirror. But after a while of sulking, I decided that I wasn't going to let the insecurity inhibit me. Take your time, and eventually you will feel comfortable.

How can you just not look at the mirror? Even when you go out, theres like mirrors everywhere, cupboards, in bathrooms, lifts, door panels, everywhere.

Don't exagerate like that, 2 years is extremely unrealistic.

How can you just not look at the mirror? Even when you go out, theres like mirrors everywhere, cupboards, in bathrooms, lifts, door panels, everywhere.

Don't exagerate like that, 2 years is extremely unrealistic.

thats what i was thinking lol ;)

yeah,,,,its IMPOSSIBLE to not see your reflection somewhere.maybe you havent actually stood and looked at your skin for 2 years - if thats the case you should get some help ;)

I'm 9 days away from finishing my accutane course and I still haven't looked in the mirror the entire time.. there came a point years ago where I just stopped. I felt like it was the only way I could keep myself sane any longer.

Sigh, I still don't know if this was enough, I guess we'll have to wait and see.

wow----2 years...thats a long time!!! Dont u find it hard not having a quick peek of what ur face/skin looks like!??

I HATE HATE HATE seeing my face in the mirror, but i have to check up on it every few hours to see how my skin looks...most of the time i feel like crying tho coz i hate what i see. :cry:

Guest Irish-Oria

Doesnt it happen by accident? mirrors and reflections are everywhere

I once tried to do this. When I first began my Accutane course, I told myself I wasn't going to look at myself in the mirror unitl it was over. Than I would see beautiful, clear skin. Somehow, magically, if I didn't look at my skin it would get better faster.

Well...20 secs later I was at the mirror looking at my skin. :(

Damn my lack of conviction! :mad:

I once tried to do this. When I first began my Accutane course, I told myself I wasn't going to look at myself in the mirror unitl it was over. Than I would see beautiful, clear skin. Somehow, magically, if I didn't look at my skin it would get better faster.

Well...20 secs later I was at the mirror looking at my skin. :(

Damn my lack of conviction! :mad:

I kind of told myself the same thing, but I wanted to see how well I was progressing.

While I'm awake and a mirror is nearby I easily look in the mirror at least 5 times an hour :ninja: probably more, I cant help it, I want to know how I look and I want to know how my acne looks like.

I have gone a week before without fully looking into a mirror....and I used to flick water on my bathroom mirror when doing my make up so i cudnt see my reflection in all its glory....my mum used to go mad at that though

It helps being short sighted because I get a nice 'photoshopped' image when passing mirrors hehe, so i don't really see all the marks looking back at me. Yea i did that to mirrors all the time, and used to wipe a bit of makeup on my hand ones so i coudn't see too much just check my eye make up etc.......really odd tactics but they helped me stop picking.

Do you still remember what you look like?

Two years?. :shock:

Generally i'll try my best not to look in a mirror if I don't feel up to looking in it. But generally it just depends on the light and such of the room as some mirrors can look acne look not so bad whilst others mae it look dreadful.

Guest max_powers585

WOW 2 YEARS.... ive tried not looking at the mirror but the longest i can go is like a couple of hours probably..... when u do look in the mirror ur not gonna know who you are jeje

Guest flutistgurl26

lol uhh.. maybe you look good now and you dont know it?

GET A MIRROR NOW

:D

Two years is possible if you are dedicated to not looking in one, I went roughly six months without looking in a mirror. It is not difficult, you can stare straight at a mirror without really looking at yourself, all in how you focus your eyes. Other than that, just don't look at reflective surfaces...not difficult all about conviction.

wow i couldnt do that...have to do my make up as perfectly as i can every single day. otherwise i wouldn't leave the house... :(

surely you've seen photographs of yourself taken during those last two years??