Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Jane

Retin-A-Micro spot treatment for Scars

I read the on the voy board last night about a guy that was spot treating with retin a to treat his scars. It seams that he had success in treating his scars this way.

I have also read about others--Denise2, in particular who has found retin a to be very helpful.

I have samples of the retin-A micro and spot treated my scars this morning after washing off the purdeming and waiting 30 mins for my face to dry.

Although I had a very bad break-out from my first trial of retin-A, I was on generic retin-A and not the micro. I was also using it daily on my entire face.

Does anyone have any thoughts or suggestions on this procedure.

Even after my terrible reaction and scarring, my derm gave samples of the retin-A micro reporting that it is the only topical that he knows of that causes dermal remodeling.

Thanks for the info!

Jane

I've received some small samples of the 0.04% retin-a-micro (thanks fromChicago! biggrin.gif ) a few days ago and am using it on the scars only (3 nights now). All OK so far, but like you Jane, I had problems with retin-a before so I am watching for signs of breakouts/itchiness etc..

I'm washing my face and then applying it straight away. Why am I meant to wait 30 minutes after washing? I hate all this hanging around - then I apply emu oil 20 minutes after.

Thanks for posting Maya, I remember reading about being able to apply Retin-A micro right after washing now too.

I didn't use it yesterday, I will use it tonight before bedtime. I am going to take it slow this time and only apply to scarred areas. I have read very positive posts from people about its uses.

Also, my derm seems to think it is the best treatment for the skin--even after the reaction I had to it.

For me stress is such a problem. This could have also contributed to the horrible breakouts I had while using the retin-A---It was a very stressful time in my life.

Keep me updated on how it is working for you, and I will do the same.

Jane

I've been using retin a gel for 5 months.

At first I had bad breakouts and sensitive skin.

Now I'm very happy with the results.People have noticed that my skin glows and the pores are smaller. It has also 'eaten' my red scars.

Now my brothers use it!

I've been using Retin A-Micro on and off for a few months now. THis is actually the second time around that I've tried it. I can't really say it works, but I also can't say that it doesn't. I don't like the way it makes your face peel, but I guess that's what it's suppose to. I did spot treat a scar one time, and for a while, I thought it actually worked. But now it just seemed like my eyes were playing tricks on me-it left a small scar. It's small, but every scar I get now seems like another setback. I continue to use this in the evening in the parts of my face with the most noticeable scars and apply a kojic acid skin lightener to other parts of my face to reduce the color-my scars are red for some reason. I don't use it in the daytime because I'm afraid it will make me peel my midday and I still have to interact with people. sad.gif

ive used retin-a micro for about 6 months approx. and it cleared me of my acne but still very oily...also it helped with my scars about 35%, theyre pretty shallow for the most part but i HATE how the retin-a makes my face red...it makes me feel twice as ugly so i got a laser treatment and stopped retin-a...already a few of my scars have filled in plus smoother skin, redness is gone, oil has dramatically reduced biggrin.gif/

I like looking slightly red. It looks healthy.I was far too pale and colourless before. Now i glow and have some colour.

Let's hope it doesn't have long term side effects.

It's been about a week now of using the retin-a-micro. I've used it every night. I am experiencing some whitehead type spots in the areas I am using it - hopefully they will dissapear after a few weeks. I am determined to get the collagen growing b4 giving up this time.

It definately is easier on the skin than retin-a. A little falkiness but no redness.

HI everybody,

My friend tell me that she try the product, but she apply more than once a day. She put the product on her face like 3 or 4 time a day. And she peels like a lot a lot a lot.

But like one month later, the scars has gone!

3 weeks into using the retin-a-micro - and no breakouts - and the little whiteheads that formed have gone.No problem with using this stuff every night (still using the 0.04 - but will move up the 0.1% next month) - I am getting a little flakiness, but the puredeming gel helps with that.

Yeah, I used retin-a for 3 years and I must say it is the only topical to have had any effect on my scars. I realised this after stopping for a month to try out mandelic acid and CP... wich still have no effect.

So I decided to get back on the retin-a (at higher %), and just over a few days I saw improvement back on my skin. I stiil use the madelic and CP, as well as emu oil wich may emphasize the effects of retin-a, but definetly this is the only serious topical solution to scars that I have tried.

I had punch elevations done 6 weeks ago, and the retin-a is definetly making the surgery scars visibly disappear day by day when the other topicals had no effects.

I've noticed that retin-a-micro can be bought over the internet from a company called drugstore.com. Has anyone in England bought retin-a-micro from this company?

Hello Maya & Everyone,

I have been reading through the Retin A thread and am confused about the difference between Retin A and Retin A Micro. Which one is the Vitamin A acid or is that yet a different Retin A than the two mentioned above. Which is best and would it be only perscribed by a doctor? Or can I purchase it at the sites mentioned in the thread? Thank you for your kind reply. gratefully, Linny

Just wanted to share...

I've been using retin-a micro (with the Obagi system) for about 1.5 months, and it's definitely working -- on scars,

pore size, and general skin tone. My bf and I have been in hotels the last couple of nights, and you know how

hotel bathrooms always have those evil fluorescent lights? I used to stay far, far away from the mirror in hotel

bathrooms, because my skin looked awful! I just realized yesterday that my skin now actually looks decent -- I mean,

not perfect, but significantly better. biggrin.gif/

-kristin

In the last week or so, I have started to see improvements in my excised scars (the ones that were still indented) - they are starting to raise - I'm pretty sure it's the retin-a-micro.

I can't belive how good this stuff is - and it is so unlike standard retin-a which not only irritated me but also created some hyperpigmentaion.

The retin-a-micro is helping a lot. The first week or so I had a very minor (whiteheads) breakout using this stuff but that went pretty quickly.

Guest ObiWontonKenoli

I should probably ask my derm to write a prescription for this.. :-k

My plan:

Retina micro for scars

Papaya mask every other day

BP wash every day (trust me I have a REALLY oily skin)

lactic 40-50% every week

and hydro 4% for my hyperpigmentation

Perhaps a mandelic 10-15?

What do you think guys? (Maya?)

Obi - if you do the mandelic, lactic AND retin-a-micro, you wont need the hydroquinine.

Guest ObiWontonKenoli

Too many products ya think? wink.gif

Thanks for the advice M! biggrin.gif

Not necessarily too many Obi - sometimes we have to use a combination for it all to work. Take a look at my regimen - I am a great believer in "more the merrier" he he..

Guest ObiWontonKenoli

Wait- just a quick question...what type of scars are we talking about? Rolling?

Guest ObiWontonKenoli

Well- if the Retin-A micro is good for scars, I'd like to know what type of scars does it heal? I got all kinds at least I'd like it to work on some of them.