Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Butorov

Supplements on accutane

Hey guys! What do you take/do along with your accutane pills? I mean things like fish oil, certain vitamins and so on. Please specify the reason you take them too.

I think I'm on day #22 or so and most of my side-effects are completely gone.

The skin on my face is dry, but, it's hard to explain really. It's only dry where I had acne - I'll get a pimple or something, it goes away, but it sorta peels off now, leaving red/sore skin - and that drys out. Anyway, it's getting better too - if I'd stop getting new breakouts I'd be perfect.

My lips are chapped too, but just barely. I just grabbed some chapstick stuff.

i was taking fish oil pills, but now i'm not taking anything, and i'm fine. some people say vit e helps.

I take some vitamin e now and again but I don't know whether it helps at all. Though when I wash my hair after taking it for a while it seems to be much softer and niice. But that's just coincidence I reckon. I keep taking it anyway, I figure it can't do any harm.

Fish or salmon oil. NOT cod liver oil. Get the "odorless" kind (enteric coated) to avoid fishy burps. Fish oil seems to reduce or prevent Accutane-associated joint pain, and has positive effects of blood levels which can help to counter Accutane's negative effects on same.

My derm told me to take vitmin E with accutane. I took vitamin E, but i'll admit alot of days I forgot to take my vitamin e pill.

I heard fish oils and vitamin E were good to take with accutane, other than that I wouldn't take much with accutane.

Along with what the others have put, I also use evening primrose oil and flaxseed oil which I was very impressed with.

OH! and vit B complex, mostly since it's supposed to be good for you anyway, I'm hoping to keep taking these after I'm done accutane.

Which fish oil do you guys think is the best to take while on accutane? Is there anything else other than fish oil and vitamin E that could be taken to reduce teh side effects? Thanks!