Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
AK23

Apple Cider Vinegar Question

I had heard that if you put a mixture of apple cider vinegar and water on your face, it can get rid of pimples. I've been doing this and so far it's working well. I also use a prescription cream called Benzaclin (BP) on my face in the morning and night. My question is, does the apple cider vinegar help to prevent pimples?

The Benzaclin is just used to dry the existing pimples and I'd hate to have nothing preventing future acne in my regimen. Thanks!

Apple Cider Vinegar is great for heaps of things. Taken internally, it's good for your skin, hair, weight, it's rich in enzymes and potassium, promotes healthy digestion, it's good for balancing your pH levels etc. And externally it's really good for preventing breakouts, it's good at healing your skin, soothing irritating skin, it's good for your hair, etc. It's awesome. You should definitely keep using it on your face and even try drinking some in water twice a day!

There's a huge ACV thread in the red marks section, I believe. It is apparently good for fading red marks- I want to try it, but the smell is just so horrid! :lol:

I know, it's so gross. I've been drinking 20mls twice a day (when I wake up and before I go to bed) And it just tastes awful. But the amount it's helped my skin is just.. phenomenal. Like you wouldn't believe. It even clears up my red marks from the inside! It's really really great. But it smells and tastes DISGUSTING lol.

I know, it's so gross. I've been drinking 20mls twice a day (when I wake up and before I go to bed) And it just tastes awful. But the amount it's helped my skin is just.. phenomenal. Like you wouldn't believe. It even clears up my red marks from the inside! It's really really great. But it smells and tastes DISGUSTING lol.

Duchess, what proportion of ACV/water do you drink? I'm assuming you don't drink it straight!! I remember reading about ACV a couple months back and I'm considering putting it in my regimen.

Yeah.. I drink it straight. Is that bad?

I drink water afterwards.. but I just can't drink it with water because it takes too long and the taste is eeww and it lingers.. Yuck. I just skull it back really quick and then drink a whole glass of water and the taste goes away :)

yes, you should water it down. it can ruin the enamel on yr teeth and not to mention burn going down. have you tried mixing it with 1 cup water and 1-2 tablespoons of honey? that is a very popular recipie.

yes, you should water it down. it can ruin the enamel on yr teeth and not to mention burn going down. have you tried mixing it with 1 cup water and 1-2 tablespoons of honey? that is a very popular recipie.

How long have you been using J & J Baby wash? Next to Dan's Cleanser , that is the best cleanser out there. Everyone hear ignored me when I talked about it though. LOL

It's just soo gross I can't drink it with water and even with honey it's still gross. How much do I have to water it down?

It's just soo gross I can't drink it with water and even with honey it's still gross. How much do I have to water it down?

Just squeeze your nose and throw it back... then chase it with some juice or something. Its not that serious, I dont think. LOL

Guest max_powers585

i was thinking i could drink it like a tequila shot :)

Guest max_powers585

what's the best kind of acv to buy and where? any ideas?

well from what ive read on other post they are all the same and you can buy it basically any store in the dressing section.....

well from what ive read on other post they are all the same and you can buy it basically any store in the dressing section.....

Ahh, okay. I was just wondering if there was a certain brand that you could drink and then one for your skin or something like that.

Guest max_powers585

Ahh, okay. I was just wondering if there was a certain brand that you could drink and then one for your skin or something like that.

oh no there all the same.. good luck with it :dance:

Guest max_powers585

Any scientific evidence as to why ingesting ACV would help acne? I don't doubt that it may work, I'd just like to know. Good to hear that it's working for you though.

mmmm go to the red mark forum they a big post on this im sure youll find answers there.....

I drink water afterwards.. but I just can't drink it with water because it takes too long and the taste is eeww and it lingers.. Yuck. I just skull it back really quick and then drink a whole glass of water and the taste goes away :)

Add a couple spoonfulls to apple juice you almost cant even taste the acv!! I used to drink it with water and honey but I never finished a full glass. Now I drink it with apple juice and it's not bad at all!

Add a couple spoonfulls to apple juice you almost cant even taste the acv!! I used to drink it with water and honey but I never finished a full glass. Now I drink it with apple juice and it's not bad at all!

hmmm... not a bad idea. They both come from apples any way.

hm... Anyonne who drinks it straight or with something besides water is only making it worse for their mouth. The only safe way to drink it is partially diluted with water and should also only be drunk through a straw.