Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
{Jill}

The body shop

Has anyone bought either any makeup or skincare products at the body shop? It looks like they have some really good products but I'm not going to buy them unless I hear anything good.

the bodyshop rocks my socks.

really i'm a skincare/makeup junkie.

sephora, ulta, macys m/u section, nordstrom's makeup section..., origin's, bath and body works, crabtree & evelyn, the body shop.

buy me something and i'll love you forever :)

i recently got the tea tree soap bar and a vitamin E face spray. i didnt want to get the bottle of tea tree oil because it was only 15% tea tree, but looking back i shouldve just gotten it cause who knows where ill be able to find tea tree stuff again

ive never heard of this site until now. the Vitamin E Cream Cleanser looks like it would b a good buy.

http://www.thebodyshop.com/bodyshop/browse...goryId=cat30012

or do you think the Tea Tree Oil Facial Wash would be better? probably.

well looks like a good site..i might have to spend extremely 2 much money here!! haha. i hate it, but i cant help it :)

if anyone has any other good products from the site let me know!

I've been afraid to buy their products after L'Oreal took them over.... I wasn't sure if or by how much they would change the ingredients.

I know lots of people who only buy their make up and body stuff from there, no matter how expensive it is ;)

I've been afraid to buy their products after L'Oreal took them over.... I wasn't sure if or by how much they would change the ingredients.

I know lots of people who only buy their make up and body stuff from there, no matter how expensive it is ;)

L'oreal took over The Body Shop products?????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Please say this isn't so! :confused:

L'oreal took over The Body Shop products?????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Please say this isn't so! :confused:

I'm afraid they did dear..... back in March.... :(

sorry!

sorry!

Well damn! L'oreal tests their product ingredients on animals and is noted for using some of the most inhumane methods L'oreal also gets their products from exploited resources and areas. That blows my mind that the supposed nature/animal friendly Body Shop company would make a change like that. It's sad...but I guess everything has a price tag. I m going to find another vit E moisturizer

some of their products are gimicky. read their ingredients carefully. i read a post on another forum where someone bought some vitamin c cleanser or something and there was no vitamin c in it!

ps. im surprised that they were bought by loreal since originally the body shop was HUGE on no animal testing and stuff like that

some of their products are gimicky. read their ingredients carefully. i read a post on another forum where someone bought some vitamin c cleanser or something and there was no vitamin c in it!

ps. im surprised that they were bought by loreal since originally the body shop was HUGE on no animal testing and stuff like that

WOAH!!! :shock::shock: now thats a huge SCAM!

sorry!

Well damn! L'oreal tests their product ingredients on animals and is noted for using some of the most inhumane methods L'oreal also gets their products from exploited resources and areas. That blows my mind that the supposed nature/animal friendly Body Shop company would make a change like that. It's sad...but I guess everything has a price tag. I m going to find another vit E moisturizer

Yup it sucks doesn't it, I remember when Anita Roddick first started the company and how they were so revolutionary, money talks though ...

food for thought: :think:

On 17 March 2006, The Body Shop International agreed to a £652 million takeover offer by L'Oréal, the French cosmetics group. The decision excited some controversy, as The Body Shop has always promoted a policy of not using any animal-tested ingredients in its cosmetics, while L'Oréal's animal testing policy has earned it the worst ethical rating from Ethical Consumer. L’Oreal is also the subject of a long-running boycott campaign by animal welfare group Naturewatch. Naturewatch has extended the boycott to The Body Shop as well, because profits from Body Shop sales are now at L'Oreal's disposal. Furthermore, the second largest shareholder in L'Oréal is Nestlé, which is another controversial company over allegations of corporate corruption, and its aggressive advertising of powdered milk in Third World countries.

Some animal protection organizations, such as PETA, issued notices to their members to encourage them to continue to support The Body Shop in the hope that The Body Shop's policies will spread to the entire company.

Hey all,

The Body Shop remains a seperate subsidary of L'Oreal, so they remain free of animal testing. They released a press release on it after a lot of negative feedback from Body Shop loyals.

Rejoyce!

Hey all,

The Body Shop remains a seperate subsidary of L'Oreal, so they remain free of animal testing. They released a press release on it after a lot of negative feedback from Body Shop loyals.

Rejoyce!

The Body Shop is now profiting L'oreal which is a company that has zero of the original values the Body Shop supposedly carried. They have said that ^^ but there is no seperate subsidary unless people will draw invisible lines in the sand.

hmm maybe i wont get something from this site.. haha im scared now!!!

hmm idk tho. i have been using dans cleanser and i dont really wanna use it anymore. i looked at the ing. and it has that sodium lauryl sulfate or whatever stuff in it. i think that was what it was. and i dont think tahts good for your skin. has anyone used the Tea Tree Oil Facial Wash stuff? does it break you out?

All Ingredients :

Sodium Palmate, Sodium Palm Kernelate, Water, Glycerin, Sorbitol, Palm Kernel Acid, Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) Leaf Oil, Sodium Chloride, Limonene, Tetrasodium EDTA, Tetrasodium Etidronate, Yellow 5, Blue 1.

or maybe the Tea Tree Oil Daily Foaming Facial Wash.

well i dont know. :wall:

does tea tree oil break you out?? ive never used it but i have heard things..

Hey all,

Rejoyce!

The Body Shop is now profiting L'oreal which is a company that has zero of the original values the Body Shop supposedly carried. They have said that ^^ but there is no seperate subsidary unless people will draw invisible lines in the sand.

I agree, but I don't and never have used either brand, so it's not a matter of concern for me.

The main reason I was looking at the body shop was because they were so strict about animal testing. Even if these products aren't tested on animals l'oreal will profit. This sucks, their tea tree oil products looked really good too. :(

does tea tree oil break you out?? ive never used it but i have heard things..

No, tea tree oil kills zits. It's a natural anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory oil.

This sucks, their tea tree oil products looked really good too. :(

I've had a few friends who have had success with their tea tree oil line but when I go to makeupalley.com it doesn't really have good reviews. So I don't know.

There are some great organic cruelty free tea tree oil products out there inclduing facial cleansers and they cost no more than the body shop tea tree oil cleanser. Try those :)!