Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Tim988

Difference?

What is the difference between accutane names. For example, mind is called Amnesteem, is that different for the actual "Accutane"? thanks!

What is the difference between accutane names. For example, mind is called Amnesteem, is that different for the actual "Accutane"? thanks!

It is a generic form of accutane. I am taking Amnesteem.

Accutane is just the brand name. Isotretinoin is the actual drug.

Same thing when you go to the store and see "coka" cola, and pathmark or other store named cola.

They are both cola and tatse pretty much the same but different name.

I used amnesteem and it got the job done for me. Took a while so I didn't think it was working, but 4+ months post tane and all is well, no acne.

Same thing when you go to the store and see "coka" cola, and pathmark or other store named cola.

I used amnesteem and it got the job done for me. Took a while so I didn't think it was working, but 4+ months post tane and all is well, no acne.

I like your quote in your sig. "Don't try, DO." Love it.

I like your quote in your sig. "Don't try, DO." Love it.

LoL its my new motto hahaha. thanx for noticing it. I noticed yours before to, its a really good one as well.

so its the exact same thing as the brand name one?

It's the exact same active ingredient - isotretinoin. The only difference is the binders and fillers, oh and PRICE - generics are significantly cheaper than the brand name. Generics are required to demonstrate equivalent bioavailablity, and the isotretinoin generics have absorption curves which are virtually indistinguishable from the brand name. I've used the Accutane brand and a generic (Claravis) and couldn't tell any difference. So unless you are sensitive to a particular binder or filler - go with whatever is the least expensive.