Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Kaa

Subcision!?

I had subcision done about a week ago, how long would it take for the final result to show up? I've noticed a lot of my indented scars coming back after the swelling is gone, but i still notice some improvements on my scars, but I've read from some thread here that the collegen wont fill the indented scars back up until a few months after, does that mean I won't see the improvment until then?

ya once the swelling is gone all your scars should re-appear then you will start to notice slow improvements in the coming months.

alot of factors play a big role, such as age,scar depth,bodies on healing ability,DR who did the subcision, etc..

but you should notice general improvements in the coming months.

You will only start seeing results in 3 weeks time. But trust me it's going to be worth it. In the words of the Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy, Don't Panic! :lol:

yeah... subcision is not something tat will improve overnight. My pit scars took abt 2-3 weeks to improve.. Going for the second session soon.. Cheers!

does subcision hurt very bad?

even after the doctor inject anesthetic and apply numbing cream?

i wouldent say it hurts really bad, but there are times when it does sting/hurt even with the cream.. but nothing that cant be tolerated.

does subcision hurt very bad?

even after the doctor inject anesthetic and apply numbing cream?

I would have to say subcision doesn't hurt at all lol I couldn't feel anything after the anesthetic injection and even that is nothing compared to say a flu shot.

does how bad u swell after depend on how deep your initial scars are??

No, its because of the stuff they inject under your skin to puff up the face, but I've seen photos of some subcision that saids "1 day after" and there is minimal swelling, so maybe it also depends on how your doc performs the procedure?

does how bad u swell after depend on how deep your initial scars are??

Actually yes. The deeper the needle goes, the more it will injure and bruise, and thus more swelling.

ok thanks!! just wanted to know as my scarring is not deep so wanted to know how long i ll have 2 look like a puffer fish before i could leave the house lol

anyone know the rough recovery times??

ok thanks!! just wanted to know as my scarring is not deep so wanted to know how long i ll have 2 look like a puffer fish before i could leave the house lol

For me its about 4 days before the swelling on the face is reduced to a point where I cant really notice it unless I touch that area.

For me its about 4 days before the swelling on the face is reduced to a point where I cant really notice it unless I touch that area.

do u mean 4 days till u noticed a differenc or 4 days till the swelling went down?? also how deep was your scarring??

do u mean 4 days till u noticed a differenc or 4 days till the swelling went down?? also how deep was your scarring??

4 days til the swelling went down. Most of my scars are very shallow except for maybe 3 boxcar.