Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
a529612

BP Gel doesn't work well with jojoba oil?

I used to put jojoba oil on my face before BP and the BP gives me stinging and itchiness like there's no tomorrow. Last night I skipped jojoba oil for experiment and noticed the stinging became much more manageable and the itchiness was gone (all else being equal). This morning my face looked great without any flakiness at all. Looks like jojoba oil is giving me more problem than it solves (lots of clogged pores on my chin). Does anyone have similar experience by keeping things simple and moisturize only when needed?

I had the same experience with jojoba and after being off of it for a few days my skin is still healing. I was red/burning/itching/flaking, so I guess I'm going to have to be a CSR purist and stick with the cleanser, bp, and moisturizer only.

After several days off of jojoba the flakiness is getting less and less. I don't know why my skin reacted the way it did, but I'm done with jojoba. I had really hoped it would be a cure for flakes but I guess it's not to be. 2 attempts and bad results both times. :(

well this is strange... because i am having the same issues. i started jojoba about a week ago. i apply it after bp dries. i squeeze some into my palm, then use my index finger to spread it in different areas. i really really don't think it is a good moisturizer substitute, i am seeing that it doesn't moisturize too well. all it does is leave me with a dry greasy face. yes, it is greasy, extremely. the bottle says it doesn't leave excess oil on the face, but that is a lie. and yes i have flakiness as well and what i really hate about the flakes are how they become soggy and basically turn into mush when i apply bp on it. maybe i'm not doing it right? some help would be great...

Those flakes are dead skin that need to be removed. Rub them off in the shower or after applying jojoba then you'll be free of the old flakes and you can see if any more develop.

I used to put jojoba oil on my face before BP and the BP gives me stinging and itchiness like there's no tomorrow. Last night I skipped jojoba oil for experiment and noticed the stinging became much more manageable and the itchiness was gone (all else being equal). This morning my face looked great without any flakiness at all. Looks like jojoba oil is giving me more problem than it solves (lots of clogged pores on my chin). Does anyone have similar experience by keeping things simple and moisturize only when needed?

hmmm, have you tried putting a few drops of it in your moisturizer and using it that way?

If it still causes stinging and itching, you may be sensitive to it I suppose.

For flaking issues, for those of you who are having a problem with Jojoba oil, you can consider Cetaphil Moisturizing Lotion, or Lac-Hydrin Five (it has lactic acid which will help exfoliate off flakes).

I had the same experience with jojoba and after being off of it for a few days my skin is still healing. I was red/burning/itching/flaking, so I guess I'm going to have to be a CSR purist and stick with the cleanser, bp, and moisturizer only.

well this is strange... because i am having the same issues. i started jojoba about a week ago. i apply it after bp dries. i squeeze some into my palm, then use my index finger to spread it in different areas. i really really don't think it is a good moisturizer substitute, i am seeing that it doesn't moisturize too well. all it does is leave me with a dry greasy face.

me too!!!!! exact same issues! (though i am noton the CSR.)

fyi, i apply either with a slightly damp face/damp fingers, or with everything just-cleansed/dry. i use 2 drops at a time.

anybody else?

Has anyone mixed the jojoba oil and a finger size of BP in their palm and then put it on? I heard the jojoba oil aids the BP to go deeper in the skin so wouldn't mixing them be okay? It would save time also, but I was wondering if anyone has had positive results.