Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Dublin22

Question about Glycolic Acid

Hi everyone,

I have decided to try a glycolic peel. I am thinking of going to a laser and skincare place that does them first before attempting to do it myself.....Or do you think this is even necessary?

I would like to buy some though, even if I have my first done by a professional.

What sellers on ebay are the best? By the best I mean:

The glycolic acid is not synthetic, that is is the real "organic" fruit sugar acid that is glycolic, not a chemcal reproduction....

Comes with a brush

COmes with a neutralizer or is easily neutralized with baking sode (maybe this is all of them)

Also, I notise some are advertised on Ebay as being a serum (a thickener has been added) while most comes in the watery form......what kind have all of you glycolic users had the best luck with in terms of improving skin texture....or does it matter which form?

One more thing...I want to have my first glycolic peel done before a night out. How many days should I have the peel done before my night out to have the best looking day out of the process? (ie, I don't want to have flaky skin on this night so makeup can go on easily---I expect that my skin may peel, but I want to tme it right, if possible, so it's not on the night I go out).

Thanks so much for any and all info!