Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
timmytim

there is no cure

hi,

if bp is a cure why are we all still desperate as ever and on this site?

this regimen is good, for what it costs its the best thing available. the fact is it doesnt cure acne. ive been on it 5 months or so and i still have acne.

i have totally given up looking for a cure. im sick of thinking about my skin all the time. im just gonna wait till im 25 and if i still have acne then ill kill myself.

4 more years to be a complete recluse and be depressed. hopefully acne will just go away before its too late. im really sick of being alive.

TIM

For every disease there is a cure... its just a matter of finding it. user posted image

I know how you feel (depression-wise) I guess anyone with acne has been there, but no matter what, there's always hope and one should never give up no matter how hopeless it may seem. Some day you will be clear again and you too can stand on top of the mountain screaming on the top of your lungs: "Free at last, free at last; thank God Almighty I'm free at last".... user posted image

ok, I just wrote a really long post and just before I submitted it I closed the window, and I cant be arsed to write it all again! so heres the jist..

I too am 21 and I used to have acne really really really bad during uni, but I'm more or less clear now. There are ways to fix acne, you just need to find a good doctor/derm.

I see you live in the UK, if I were you I'd ask your doctor to refer you to Dr. A. Chu of Hammersmith hospital London, he uses a new thing called the n-lite laser which works really well and is a really nice bloke!

all the best, and for god's sake dont even think about killing yourself.

--CS

Acne is a chronic condition, you're right in that there is no "cure" but there is treatment. Dan's regimen is a treatment to keep acne under control. If i slip up and stop applying BP at least once a day, my acne will come back. But if i do the regimen, my acne stays in control. "Cure" implies that we'll never have to do anything with our skin again. That is a fallacy. I hate the book "Acne Cure" because it implies that you do something, *poof* no worries anymore. Bullshit. You do have to take care of your skin--it is the largest organ in your body (yes, it's an organ) and deserves special care.

Quite a few of the people here are not 'desperate' but are here to help others and support each other while they treat their acne. If you look at it as a chronic condition, but one that can be treated (like asthma, for instance---i can take my inhaler every day and never have symptoms, but that does not mean my asthma is 'cured'--it's just controlled), you'll feel less desperate. Nearly everyone has some chronic condition, be it a skin disorder (i have acne AND psoriasis, both will never completely go away!), or asthma, or diabetes, something. It's part of the human condition.

I started the regimen on oct 13th, it's worked wonders for me. It's help even skin texture and pretty much all the acne is gone.. i Have err like 1 zit on my right forehead, thats about it, not many red marks those that I have faded or are in the process of doing so.

My face is looking great and I feel great my issue with acne now would be on my back/chest which isn't too much of a problem it's quite mild and nothing a bit of time won't fix i reckn. It generally goes away during summer anyway, I tend to go to the beach a lot.

Anyway my message is; the regimen DOES work there is no reason for it not to with continued use, I hope everything goes well for you, as a acne sufferer myself I know how hard it can be and just how low you can feel.

hi,

thanx for replying to me.

ive used bp 2 times today and ill put a little bit more on before i go to sleep but not too much... dont want a red face.

sorry about my suicidal message. im just so fed up.

my acne is actually moderate now, im sure some of you who have had severe acne would say i looked ok. its not really the point though - its the psychological effect on me thats really destroyed myself.

im gonna try to 'persuade' my doctor to refer me for n-light treatment.

i dont really want antibiotics yet again. roaccutane isnt an option for me as im on antidepressants too and they dont mix. anyone know any other treatments i could try?

sorry i didnt reply to each message individually but i read them all. thanx for taking the time to write to me.

bye for now,

Tim

sure sally

Cetaphil Gentle Clensing Bar (Moisturizing, Non-comedogenic)

user posted image

Benzac AC BP 5%

user posted image

(note: the australian version of 5% packaging looks a lil' different)

Neutrogena Oil-Free Moisture for sensitive skin

Guest fatman_uk

You're right, there is no cure... the regimen (BP) only surpresses it from ever appearing. It's either stay clear that way, or make no effort an have shit skin.

-Gaz

Guest fatman_uk

BTW - You sound like you're usin TOO MUCH BP... which can be worse than using none at all.

An how long have you HAD acne?

-Gaz

in addtion to that to that I use alot of BP, my skin tolerates the BP well.

My regimen

Wake up

Gently wash off BP/Moisturizer from the night before

Lather hands with clenser

Gently massage face with clenser for about 20-30 seconds

Pat Face dry

Wait about 15-20 Mins

Apply generous amount of BP (i'm nearly clear and still use two fingers worth of %5)

Massage the BP into the skin starting with the lower part of my face and working my way up

Once the BP is more or less rubbed in I wait about 15mins-2hrs before applying moisturizer(time depends on if I have to do anything that day atm im on break so i can afford to take ages)

Massage moisturizer in making sure I get all the BP left on the surface in with the moisturizer i do this gently

Start my day

Come Home

few hours before bed I have another shower

repeating the same process as detailed above.

Yes i generally moisturize at night as well, anyone know if this is beneficial? or just makes things worse?