Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
sally

Buried blackhead? Help!

Ok I think noone'd know what I'm talking about but I'm going to take a shot anyway..

Above 4 years ago I had this big blackhead and I tried to get it out but ended up giving myself a big wound there instead.. it turned into a huge scab but the blackhead was still lodged there. The weird thing is that till now the blackhead is still there, but it seems like layers of skin have grown over it, so the head isn't exposed, but u do see a big, slightly blackish, hard lump there, which has been growing over the years. Strong peels and gentle topicals have not helped.

Anyone ever had this problem?

I have not personally had it, but I have seen it on a friend. I think your best bet is going to the derm or maybe an esthitician (sp?) and have them extract it...if it even needs to be...

I agree. If you get Microdermabrasion done she can take the wand and literally suck it right out of there like a vacuum cleaner.

ouch! how can she suck it out when it's buried beneath skin? I went to a derm once.. he used something to burn off the top layer of the skin, then he tried to extract it.. according to him it came out but all I got was a huge zit for days then it was back to normal, still a hard lump underneath. I guess maybe i have to live with it but it's growing bigger!