Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
*Stefy*

Fitness

Simple question... How do you keep fit? What diet are you on (what do you usually eat), if you are trying to lose weight, or maybe gain weight, if you excercise, work out... If you eat something in particular, or avoid certain food (acne and non-acne related)...

Post anything you do to keep fit and share your 'secrets' and suggestions, so we all get an idea and can learn some good things.. ;)

Gym 3 times a week, but I do weightlifting as more of a sport:

Stats:

Curling-155

Bench Press-190

Leg Press-290

I've actually won some mini-compititions it's a fun sport some people should get into.

Other than that my diet is pretty clean I try to stray away from white sugar and obvious stuff like that.

Weight training at the gym 4-5 times a week. I'm trying to bulk right now too. My diet has gone to shit lately, because I kind of stopped caring what I eat. I just try and eat every 2-3 hours. I also try and make sure I get enough protein throughout the day.

i go gyming, going for more of the bruce lee hardcore look than some beefy dude

flax and fish oil remove unwanted fats from the body

vit c helps burn fat, like 1 gram helps burn 33% i think

vit c, 500 mg, helps recovery from soreness post-gym, more effective than 1g of vit c

vit E helps post-gym recovery also

cardio, basketball, martial arts, swimming, ellipticals

whey protein is good for mass, but needs a lot of calories to build mass

(i cant eat whey since its derived from milk)

(if ur acne prone via food, and like to eat healthy, and trying to gain mass, then eat A lot of healthy stuff for calories and stuff)

post-27984-1163360608_thumb.jpg

post-27984-1163360608_thumb.jpg

I do aerobics 3 hours per week. It includes stretch and toning... splits, touching feet to the back of your head behind you and other oddities.

My teacher says it burns about 500 calories per class.

I lost the extra "5 pounds" that I considered unneeded in no time. :P Now, some might consider me underweight, but its because I cant eat enough to keep up with the exercise. I think EVERYONE who sees a thin small person thinks "anorexic" because 1/4 people are obese in this country and 1/3 are overweight.

I've always been thin, but my class helps me get the blood circulating and my muslces all stretched out. :) I feel great and look nice in clothes, so I'm happy.

If anyone else here is attending college, you might want to look into a similar class -- its usually in the dance department :)

Monday through Friday I stretch, do aerobic jump rope, and crunches for an hour. I also use my free weights to strengthen my arms and shoulders. I don't want to be beefy looking but more cut and since I am I'm very happy about it.

Bruce Lee was vegetarian (I happened to read that yesterday, and it surprised me). Didn't he have a punch that was so fast you couldn't see it?

I guess he did toning and training in martial arts all the time... We used to watch all of his videos and some training movies... a lonnng time ago :)

He did have a pretty nice body :):)

Weightlifting 4-5 days a week. I like to swim too, but I'm trying to bulk right now and I have to eat a LOT to acctually gain weight. Trying to keep it clean, lots of chicken, turkey, eggs, cottage cheese. No pop or snacks, as little saturated fat as possible.

Fish oil seems to be really beneficial for skin, I take two caps a day now and my face is pretty much clear. I should have started taking it a while ago.

I take 100% whey after workouts and syntha 6 before bed.

Typical day of eating:

2 Dr. Praeger patties; either broccoli or spinach

handful of nuts like walnuts, pecans, mac nuts

some chicken and coleslaw

protein shake using almond milk and Goatein

Big salad with some meat and plenty of raw veggies or

scrambled eggs

I eat 5-6 small meals all through the day.

I exercise using all kinds of methods; pilates, swiss ball workouts, step aerobics, weights, kickboxing, or walking/hiking

There's a misconception about fitness

Many people beleive that as long as you hit the gym two or three times a week you will overcome the effect of on otherwise sedentary

It's not true

For example according to a research one increases its health and longevity more by doing houseoworks everyday than doing aerobic or anaerobic exercise for 30-60 minutes two or three times a week

So going at the gym is not a antidote from spending all the day behing a desk in your office or school desk

The reason is that it doesn't matter the intensity of the physical activity but its frequency within the day

It's not about keeping the body extra fit here and there but about just keeping it slighly fit steadily during the day

Sport and exercise is good but it is not the way to keep fit from a sedentary life

The only way is turning your life from a sendetary one to a non-sedentary one so that you're active many times during the day. That's it: cleansing your house, climb stairs instead of using the elevator, walking, skating or cycling instead of driving or taking a bus, walk when there's a break instead of sittin down (that applies to those who have a sedentary jobs not to abricklayer for example), making several break to walk if working with computer or studying many hours.

The best would be outdoor living and playing. If you can't do it everyday then sunday should be devoted to it. Backpack, climb mountains near your city, run freely on the valleys and what not

Yeah sport is good, going at the gym is good, aerobic exercise is good ... but it can't be the basis to be real fit if it is just 3 hours a week and all other hours are spend sitting behind a desk or slouching on the sofa

Sedentarity kills more people than heavy smoking does, but sedentarity doesn't mean no physical exercise, but no physical activity during the day. Going at the gym three time a week doesn't do much to change the chronic lack of physical activity during the days. Working should be physical ... sedentary working is what is ruining our health too

That why the research found that people who cleansed their house daily for 20-30 minutes had better fitness markers than those following organized physical activity a bunch of times a week

Guest ANajmi85

Working out 7 days a week with some days having 2 workouts...used to workout 14+ times a week but after acne problems, I had to stop boxing (sparring)

Mainly calisthenics, jump rope, heavybag, speedbag, shadowboxing, long distance running, sprints, etc.

Diet-wise, it's shit. Chinese food, McDonald's, etc.

^ Lifting 7 days a week is overtraining.

Your acne was so bad yo couldn't box?

Many people beleive that as long as you hit the gym two or three times a week you will overcome the effect of on otherwise sedentary

It's not true

The best would be outdoor living and playing. If you can't do it everyday then sunday should be devoted to it. Backpack, climb mountains near your city, run freely on the valleys and what not

It's not true

Lmao! We should all frolic in the valleys and meadows in our time off to stay fit.

Uhm maybe you could get down to a low bf% that way but you'll be scrawny as hell. That's not what I call fit.

And btw lifting weights alone also takes a lot of calories, from personal experience I have to eat like almost anything in sight to keep gaining a pound or two a week.

What's important is that people eat 5-6 smaller meals a day. That increases your metabolism and youre less likely to store it as fat.

No I'm using a different definition of fit

You're talking about physical appareance while I'm taling about longevity and health decresing and increasing factors. The point is that you can't supplement a sedentary lifestyle with few hours of organized activity here and there and hope to get the same benefits you would get from a non-sedentary lifestyle

That's why eventually health improves better by remaining slighly active the whole day rather than by sitting all day and just hitting the gym a couple of times a week

Also you're wrong about your perception of what scrawny is

An scrawny individual is never an individual with too low body fat but always an individual with too low leadn body mass. One could look "toned" "lean" and not scrawny at all even at 5% body fat

Skinniness is always caused by lack of lean body mass never by lack of fat

An active life and active working would actually result in increased lean body mass hence the opposite of skinny, that's why farm young kids who do chores everyday have more developed muscles than their city counterparts

Also I've always believed that we're not meant to live sit 8 or more hours a day and there's nothing healthy in non-physical work but supplementing such an existence with exercise is not enough (for health, not for physical beauty) and we should strive to make every hour of our day less sedentary by choosing less-sedentary alternative everytime

By the way Stefy: Laura was born in the city I had been living for many years

I knew her rather well and we supported her when she gave her first performace at castrocaro terme

I still have all the amateurial video tapes from the Unit Feast in Faenza to the debut at Sanremo with Solitudine :)

Also you're wrong about your perception of what scrawny is

An scrawny individual is never an individual with too low body fat but always an individual with too low leadn body mass. One could look "toned" "lean" and not scrawny at all even at 5% body fat

Skinniness is always caused by lack of lean body mass never by lack of fat

Case in point: arguably the greatest person ever to play basketball was 3% body fat. His name was Michael Jordan.

I'm on a 6 meal a day plan and a nice Cardio plan right now.

Most of my meals consist of rich protein food like Eggs, Chicken etc.

My cardio is pretty straight forward. I do 3-4 days of Steady State cardio for 30 mins.

I was doing HIIT but I can't due to Rosacea.

Guest ANajmi85

I chose not to box because the sparring made me breakout. So until I'm 100% clear, no sparring for me.

I don't lift weights, I do bodyweight exercises. And it's not overtraining :P

I chose not to box because the sparring made me breakout. So until I'm 100% clear, no sparring for me.

I don't lift weights, I do bodyweight exercises. And it's not overtraining :P

I weight lift three times a week

I swim four times a week

I walk/run every morning

I also use my bike to get to places I need to go except school which is 40 mins with bus

I play basketball, soccer and ping-pong

I have rosacea but I do HIIT anyway as it doesn't seem to worsen my rosacea

But as I said except for free time activities I try to be mostly active many times a day by walking whenever possible, never using elevators, taking active breaks rather than lazy breaks and else I'm vivacious by nature and love to spend time outdoor

I get most of my fat from nuts

Most of my vitamins and minerals from greens and vegetables

And I use carbs from fruits to fuel my activities

I have a free day (sunday) where I eat whatever junk I want ... but even I allow myself to I often realize I don't want junk and prefer my food

I also eat according to my true hunger.

Which means that I just eat when the thought of whatever food is exciting and not just cravings for specific unhealthy foods. It also means that sometime I may eat 10 times a day and other times I may not eat from morning to evening

Walking my dog keeps me very fit. I walk her an hour each morning and half an hour in the evening. I'll mix running with walking to burn more calories. I lift weights twice a week and do a mix of pilates and yoga whenever I can. Seriously, if you want to exercise more just get a dog, that way you have no excuse not to exercise.

Walking my dog keeps me very fit. I walk her an hour each morning and half an hour in the evening. I'll mix running with walking to burn more calories. I lift weights twice a week and do a mix of pilates and yoga whenever I can. Seriously, if you want to exercise more just get a dog, that way you have no excuse not to exercise.

This is a good suggestion for a good "incidental activity"

Lack of incidental activity from living on urban areas and having a sedentary job is only half solved by hitting the gym a couple of times a week that's because the body needs constant daily activity many times a day to really be healthy. Increasing one's incidental activity (like climbing stairts, biking to school, walking the house, sweeping the floor or just playing) that's even more important for health than exercising at specific moments on the day and the week and exercizing benefits are not complete without increased incidental activity

I lift weights 6 days a week, I take Sundays off. My meals are pretty simple,I eat 6 meals a day, usually 40 grams protein/per meal and the carbs vary depending on the time of the meal. My diet consists of eggs whites, oatmeal, brown rice, Asparagus, Carrost, Chicken breast, steak, fish, cereal, and the occasional pizza.

Everytime my bf and I go to my bf's mom's house, he was told that he would just fall over and die soon because he is too thin. He's thin, but he needs more muscle (he has done nothing more strenuous than tapping on the keyboard his entire life, heh)

He definitely needs more muscle (lots more because he was born with tiny bones and a fast metabolism and an aversion to strenuous exercise :P). However, everytime we visit, his mom buys him tons of junkfood because she says he needs to look "bigger" -- boxes of donuts to take home, instant add-water fake potatos, peanut butter, 3-minute mac n' cheese, and microwavable dinners. :hand:

I never knew there were people who actually compensated eating tons of food to make up for the lack of healthy muscle.

The last time we cut out bread to try to look for healither alternatives, she took him to the doctor and had him labeled as "anorexic" :think:

We havent even told her we are vegan now - I cant imagine what she'd say :dance:

It gets annoying :wall: