Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Soldier

Does BP cancel out Retinoids?

Just what it says I am having some solid results with glades 10% bp wash its a cream and it doesnt cause redness or drying like so many others ive used, but im also recently been given retin-a, and was wondering if they cancel each other out, i have heard rumors that they do but wasnt for sure and if so can rotating them like wash with bp in morning and use retin a at night work or do i have to give one up completely?

As I understand it rotating AM and PM works (that's what I'm on), it's just if you do them one directly after the other that it cancels out. Most docs say to do the BP in the AM and the RA in he PM. Make sure you have moisturizer and sunscreen.

Not sure about a BP wash though, maybe you could use that before the RA, why don't you just ask your doctor?

As I understand it rotating AM and PM works (that's what I'm on), it's just if you do them one directly after the other that it cancels out. Most docs say to do the BP in the AM and the RA in he PM. Make sure you have moisturizer and sunscreen.

Not sure about a BP wash though, maybe you could use that before the RA, why don't you just ask your doctor?

i do the same thing. BP (Duac) in the morning. Retin-A Micro at night.

As I understand it rotating AM and PM works .......... it's just if you do them one directly after the other that it cancels out. Most docs say to do the BP in the AM and the RA in the PM.

ditto that. :D