Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
caz84

Mother of pearl- anti-scar cream

I have moderate to severe acne and quite a few ice-pick scars. Recently, I read about mother of pearl anti-scar cream, and have been applying it, according to directions, 3-4 times a day for the last 6 weeks.

It seems to be working!! But why?? It has mineral oil in it, so you would think it would clog pores. It says that it exfoliates, but is that really enough? I hope i'm not just imagining it, but I always had this one big dent (lots of little ice pick scars all close together) on my forehead, and whilst the ice picks themselves seem to be getting WAY less depressed, the dent itself does not appear to be going! Are these two different types of scars?

I have looked up mother of pearl cream on previous listings, but they don't seem to answer my question, so am wondering- does anyone know how this works? Has anyone had any previous experiences with this product that they could relate to me? I'd highly recommend this, btw- seems to be working, and only £12.50 for a big, big pot! (one day, i will do something more- but am highly strapped for cash at the moment!)

Oh, and the ingredients are:

Aqua,

Cetyl Alcohol,

Cetearyl Alcohol,

Ceteareth-3

sodium cetearyl sulfate,

mineral oil,

dimethicone

glycerine

allantoin

polysorbate-60

mother of peral powder,

EDTA

imidazolidinylurea

lysinecarboymethyl cisteynate

methyl isothiaolinone

methyl chloroisothaizolinone

BHA

tocopherol

triethyl citrate

fragrance

It's quite the list of ingredients- is anyone the wiser as to how it works?

hmmm, it was from a website, i think it was called www.ukhealthfoods.com or something like that. ItÅ› from the Andean Medical Center, so if you just google it, it should come up!

precisely!! Yet it has given me no more spots, and my scars are improving... I just wish I understood the science behind it. Can intense exfoliation, which this is supposed to do(well,not as intense as dermabrasion) get rid of scars??

That's odd, I hope your results aren't just temporary. Btw which ingredient is the exfoliant? Doesn't it advertise on the packet which ingredients are supposed to do the work?

Could be that the mother of pearl is depositing in your pores. I used to sell pearlescent ingrediants to the cosmetic industry and Estee Lauder has a product containing some microspheres that are opaque and pearlescent. It reflects light and gives the appearance of diminished wrinkles. The wrinkles are still there but it's an optical illusion.

Could be that the mother of pearl is depositing in your pores. I used to sell pearlescent ingrediants to the cosmetic industry and Estee Lauder has a product containing some microspheres that are opaque and pearlescent. It reflects light and gives the appearance of diminished wrinkles. The wrinkles are still there but it's an optical illusion.

Hey, I used that one. It helped me fade previous marks. But now I can't find it anywhere!!! I used to buy it at Wallmart, where is it now>? :think:

I used it every day, and left it on my skin for an hour. So I saw results after a week, the good results after 2 weeks.