Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
tikvica

Glycolic Acid Brands

ok, so, i've been searching the net in my quest to find some proffessional opinions and reviews on various glycolic acid brands. unfortunately, found none.

the only article i found says that there are basically very few major producers of glycolic acid in the states and that all the sellers buy from those few and just stick their own name to it

so, the goal of this thread is to find a few trusted names and help people who want to buy it

so, guys, you who have used the acid before, please post the name of the acid, where you bought it from, everything that says on the bottle (including percentage, ph, ingredients, etc) and the results you had

i use puredeming glycolic acid, buy from puredeming website

he percentage of the acid is 30%, ph 2.3, ingredients are: Deionized Water, Glycolic Acid (30%), Glycerin, Witch Hazel, Sodium Hydroxide, Hydroxyethyl Cellulose, Sodium Citrate, Pomegranate and Green Tea extracts.

great idea tikvica..my peel from www.wizozkansas.com its 30% p.h 2.6

ingredents glycolic acid, deionized water, glycerin, isopropyl, alcohol, hydroxyethyl cellulose and citric acid. i have only done two peels and have had no redness, peeling and only a little stinging. I think the peels work though and am going to finish the series of six. i have however ordered some more acid off www.lookgr8.co.uk so i will post those ingredents etc when it arrives. it will be interesting to see whos peels seem to work the best and what ingredents they contain

My acid only contains deionized water and glycolic acid, but your contains far more.

Isn't my good or what ?

(I have 30,40,50 % )

im really not sure about ice pick scars rikke, as i dont have any myself, i think people have stated that the peels gives a little bit of improvement on these types of scars

no, they cannot fill eliminate the scars. they can make your skin surface look smoother, so your scars can be less visible

i think the only thing that helps w/ deep scars is laser resurfacing

but that's a topic for the scar forum

My acid only contains deionized water and glycolic acid, but your contains far more.

Isn't my good or what ?

(I have 30,40,50 % )

no, they cannot fill eliminate the scars. they can make your skin surface look smoother, so your scars can be less visible

i think the only thing that helps w/ deep scars is laser resurfacing

but that's a topic for the scar forum

Isn't my good or what ?

(I have 30,40,50 % )

where did you buy it? how were your results?

I bought it from skinwizard.co.uk

I've only done it twice but I think I clearly can see resaults in my skin. My red marks are almost the same but my skin have more glow and look better.

Do you know if it's good if it doesn't contain other ingredients

tikvica,

about how many uses would you say you get out of a 1/4 ounce vial of the puredeming 30% glycolic acid?

i'm not sure how many peels you can do w/ it, b/c i buy the 1/2oz bottles, but i also use the acid for various other things, besides doing the peels - i mix a few drops w/ my body moisturizer once or twice a week, i spot treat some scars on my body once or twice a week, i also mix it w/ my foot cream, etc...

for peels i usually apply almost the whole pippette (which is i think maybe 2inches long) on my whole face and little below the jaw line

how were the results with the pure deming GA?

Do glycolic acid peels work?I have bacne scars, would it work for that?

bacne scars are the same as normal facial acne scars so yeah more than likley it will work the same :)

I'm using a 30% GA-peel from Glymagic. I'm doing my third peel today, hopefully i'll see some results later !