Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
blackberry

Do mirrors exaggerate our scars?

Hello I'm from Belgium and acne scars caused me some serious mental health problems. At First it began with several years of depression but it recently evolved into psychosis. Is there anyone out there who endured the same mental health problems due to acne scars?I do have another question:

Do mirrors exaggerate scars or do they provide us with a reallistic image of how we really look? Everyone with scars must have expercienced that scars may look good in some lighting and look terrible in other lighting. Do other people see those scars the way they are portrayed in the mirror or do the mirrors aggravate/stress the imperfections in our face?

greets

not really

its just the type of light, so u may look in a mirror under one kid of light and look great, but your skin may look crap under another type.

weird lol

some mirrors do, your car rearview mirror is the absolute worst, i like you have had a lot of depression but after using glycolic acid and AHA cream my skin is looking super and im not depressed or antisocial anymore, i highly recomment these products to anyone

flurescent (sp) lights can be very unforgiving and in my opnion, isnt a natural display of what our skin looks like. they give off this blue-ish kind of light that brings out anything from redmarks to the vains in your arm. it's unnatural and you shouldnt think thats what you actually look like.

on the other hand, orange and red tinted lights are very forgiving and hide a lot of imperfections, thats why they use them at bars and such.

flurescent (sp) lights can be very unforgiving and in my opnion, isnt a natural display of what our skin looks like. they give off this blue-ish kind of light that brings out anything from redmarks to the vains in your arm. it's unnatural and you shouldnt think thats what you actually look like.

on the other hand, orange and red tinted lights are very forgiving and hide a lot of imperfections, thats why they use them at bars and such.

totally correct! i hate flurescent lights!!! :doubt:

what about public bathroom mirrors?i think i look worse in car windows.

me too...i think they exaggerate my red marks A lot. thats why i like night time or dark scenerys....my face details are less evident.... :wub::wall::ninja: