Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
santacruz

Disable emoticons option

Would it be possible for an admin to make an option so smileys aren't converted to emoticons and instead stay in their original form?

Click "add reply" or "fast reply"... im on fast reply right now, so right underneath where i'm typing are those boxes... "Enable smilies" is checked right now, so just uncheck it. There you go :)

Click "add reply" or "fast reply"... im on fast reply right now, so right underneath where i'm typing are those boxes... "Enable smilies" is checked right now, so just uncheck it. There you go :)

Yes but first i have to do that everytime i post which is annoying and I want to disable all smilies including the ones other post

My Controls

options

board settings

board display settings

"Do you wish to view images in posts, such as smilies and posted images?" choose "no"

My Controls

options

board settings

board display settings

"Do you wish to view images in posts, such as smilies and posted images?" choose "no"

I've tried that options and it doesn't work as I want. Instead of keeping smilies in "raw" format they convert them to emoticons and then create a link to them instead which is even more annoying. Also I want to view images, just not emoticons.

Basically what I wan't is the ability to see the smilies as they are before they get formatted like this :o :) :/ :( :p etc And not only my smilies but all smilies on the board.

santacruz, you've finally seen eye to eye with me on something. I've been wanting to do this on every forum I've ever been at for years. I've yet to find a way, short of using a CSS style sheet, but it's never been specific to smilies alone. There has to be a way to do it, because IM programs do it easily enough, but I just don't know jack about style formatting to figure it out.