Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Matt007

Damn Bloodshot Eyes!!!

Please what can i do to help them.....? eyedrops helped abit..

any other advice.alot of my friends think im a pothead of late... :wall:

its actually insulting

Do you wear contacts? If you do try taking them out and wearing glasses for a while...

Foods high in beta-carotene are supposed to be good for eye health (I think?) so that might help a bit...otherwise I'd stick with the drops, try using them more frequently and getting more rest.

Please what can i do to help them.....? eyedrops helped abit..

any other advice.alot of my friends think im a pothead of late... :wall:

its actually insulting

Did you use high quality (more expensive) eye drops? My optometrist recommended Systane brand. He also told me there were store brands with the same ingredients that were cheaper and worked just as well. Go to a store and either buy some Systane or find a generic with similar ingredients. I have some of both. The systane feels "oilier" but the generic brand (Kroger) seems to sooth just as well. I only use them sporadically, as needed.

Opcon-A drops are amazing. They makes your eyes glow white. They're a bit expensive, though.

And for your freinds... pfft. Prove them right! :D

my bro had this problem- his eyes were just too dry. He uses special lubricating drops i forget wat they called

Wearing contacts especially on accutane will cause some redness and can be extreme. Even those with perfect vision can get red eyes on accutane with the moisture leaving your eyes slightly. I hate wearing glasses during the day so I tend to wear contacts at least 10 hours at a time. I've gone through many brands of eye drops trying to find something that works and visine advance worked a bit for awhile but the best I found was definitely Opcon-A. It's not pricey and it's amazing. You may experience a burning sensation and more redness the first couple minutes after using but then your eyes will clear and get most white than any other drop I've tried. I've used them for a few months now and I've found my new staple drops.

Make sure you are getting enough sleep as well.

when I started accutane I was told I could not wear contacts. I knew this and accepted it as something I would have to give up while on accutane. I bought a new pair of glasses just because I knew I'd have to be happy with them for the next 6 months wearing them every day.

I wore my contacts a total of maybe 10 times in the last 6 months (for less than 10 hours). I didn't want to damage my eyes and I certainly didn't want to be driving around with them in.

I used visine when my eyes were red or dry other times. If you are wearing contacts all the time, stop. That should solve your problem!