Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
VisiteurQ

On the Panoxyl 2.5% case: Let's make it clear

Using the search fonction with the keyword "Panoxyl", I discovered that almost everyone who used this product got bad results.

I've been using it myself for months now and it's still irritating my skin (I use 1/4 of finger on my forehead). The harshness isn't even the worst part. No matter how much you rub the lotion, a part of it will be left unabsorbed and will dry out on the skin. It's invisible, but it makes the skin looks shiny, glossy. When you moisturize 10 minutes later, the dried out panoxyl is reactivated and it irritates an already irrated skin. Then, you go the entire day with the unabsorbed BP and the moisturizer on your poor skin. While putting water on your skin in the evening, you'll feel your skin is covered by a thick, viscid substance: that's the unabsorbe panoxyl BP.

So, I think that the Panoxyl bp 2.5% isn't compatible with Dan's regimen.

If some of you would like to share your experience with Panoxyl, now's the time!

i cant say i have this problem at all,i had a little redness in the start which i expected then notings.

no dry flakes,no issue as far as i can see. i really like it.that said i have noticed after i moisterise i do feel like im some how taking the BP off? what other ones can i use then?

i cant say i have this problem at all,i had a little redness in the start which i expected then notings.

no dry flakes,no issue as far as i can see. i really like it.that said i have noticed after i moisterise i do feel like im some how taking the BP off? what other ones can i use then?

Hi Kel,

I think the BP should be absorbed by the skin in 10-15min. As you probably observed, the Panoxyl product stick on the skin all-day. Just to made sure, do you use Panoxyl Aquagel 2.5%?

I heard that the Neutrogena on-stop wasn't bad at all. Otherwise, there's the BP of Dan, available on this site, which apparently is THE bp product.

The Aquagel is horrible I agree but I like the Acnegel - it absorbs really quickly. Shame they only make it in 5 or 10.

Are you sure about that? no 2.5%?

I found Panoxyl 2.5% was very effective at treating acne, however I couldn't use it continually, as it gave my face like a brown tan where I put it...looked like a bit of an idiot :lol: I'm not really sure why it tanned me, maybe it was just my skin, but it was very good at treating spots :cool:

I found Panoxyl 2.5% was very effective at treating acne, however I couldn't use it continually, as it gave my face like a brown tan where I put it...looked like a bit of an idiot :lol: I'm not really sure why it tanned me, maybe it was just my skin, but it was very good at treating spots :cool:

Is it the Aquagel brand? Did you use moisturizer over it?

in the past iv used aquagel (water based) and acne gel (alcohol based) and i found the acne gel (alochol based) to be slighly better, less side effect and goes on better as its more watery and runny.

though it is correct when Le Chiffre says it only comes in 5% and 10%, but i didnt really have that bad of side effects with 5% acne gel.

yes 2.5% aqua based gel,then olay moisterizer which im going to replace with another lotion -when i figure out which one! as i find it a little heavy,although im clear at mo. i have side effects with panoxyl at all.

yes 2.5% aqua based gel,then olay moisterizer which im going to replace with another lotion -when i figure out which one! as i find it a little heavy,although im clear at mo. i have side effects with panoxyl at all.

I may be wrong, but the Panoxyl' aquagel doesn't work with moisturizers. Why? Because the BP is already poured is somekind of "gel" to prevent irritation.

Here:

"Composition: Super fine benzoyl peroxide 2.5% in an aqueous gel base containing polyoxyethylene lauryl ether."

Is it the Aquagel brand? Did you use moisturizer over it?

Yup and yup!

Using the search fonction with the keyword "Panoxyl", I discovered that almost everyone who used this product got bad results.

I've been using it myself for months now and it's still irritating my skin (I use 1/4 of finger on my forehead). The harshness isn't even the worst part. No matter how much you rub the lotion, a part of it will be left unabsorbed and will dry out on the skin. It's invisible, but it makes the skin looks shiny, glossy. When you moisturize 10 minutes later, the dried out panoxyl is reactivated and it irritates an already irrated skin. Then, you go the entire day with the unabsorbed BP and the moisturizer on your poor skin. While putting water on your skin in the evening, you'll feel your skin is covered by a thick, viscid substance: that's the unabsorbe panoxyl BP.

So, I think that the Panoxyl bp 2.5% isn't compatible with Dan's regimen.

If some of you would like to share your experience with Panoxyl, now's the time!

i agree with all of this. panoxyl is the only bp ive ever been able to get (from Boots) so i wouldnt know how effective it is compared to others.

it definitely feels like its not going "into" my pores and when i wash my face the next time i can feel im washing off a big layer of bp.

acnegel i cant really remember how it absorbed but my face literally cracked. so no thanks to 5% stuff.

are there any other bp products in the uk?

I used the panoxyl 2.5% aquagel for 3 years and it gave me good results. id say it kept me 85-90% clear most of the time. It is obviously very different to dans gelbecause when i changed it broke me out really badly.

Everyone here says horrible things about Panoxyl, but I havent had any problems.

I use the 10% (yes I know im not suppose to, but it keeps me perfectly clear and the 2.5 didnt, even though I gave it 6 months to work) Aquagel and it absorbs really nicely for me, I just gently rub it in as Dan shows until it gets tacky, then I let it absorb. Then 10 minutes later I put on NHSL and I dont get streaks or anything. I do get a little dryness in the morning, but when I run a washcloth over my face lightly it goes away instantly. it keeps my face from being oily during the day plus no acne! But if you have sensitive skin I can understand why itd be bad....

Bottom line: everyone is different. One reason it may not dry me out as much is because I use alot of AHA. My skin LOVES AHA. Purpose bar+One almost-a-full-finger of 10% BP+generous amount of AHA (done only at night) =clear skin. Nothing else works for me. I tried Dans Regimen his way twice and the 2.5% BP and the regular moisturizer wasnt enough for me.

I used the panoxyl 2.5% aquagel for 3 years and it gave me good results. id say it kept me 85-90% clear most of the time.

I had roughly the same results.

I used the 5% aquagel for a couple of years and had pretty good results with it. At least, I was happy enough. It was severe, though. It made my face red and dry. I didn't think to use moisturizer or do anything other than slapping some aquagel on after a shower.

The reason I came to this site was I was looking for another source of BP when my local store stopped selling Panoxyl and had no substitutes. I didn't realize it all went behind the counter.

Using information from this site, I suspect I could achieve near perfect results with the aquagel.

I'm surprised to hear you had a reaction to Dan's BP. It's so gentle I would hardly believe it's BP if it didn't do such an amazing job controlling my acne. The aquagel used to leave my face raw. As long as Dan's BP keeps working so well for me, I'll never go back.